2 months In Thailand on a visa exemption? help?

Hi. Me and my friends, All British and between 18-21 years old, are all visiting Thailand for 2 months. We are planning on entering on a 30-day visa exemption, then to cross the border at Laos and come back into Thailand for another 30-day exemption. however, I have recently read that the airport or immigration will turn us away without proof of onward travel. We have already booked our return flights exactly 61 days after arriving in Thailand. if we book a short flight to the border halfway through our trip will the airline and immigration let us in the kingdom of thailand

The airlines can and will not allow you to board your flight if you do not have a visa if you do not have a ticket exiting Thailand within 30 days of your entry. Booking a cheap flight to a neighboring country will work, say Hat Yai to KL, but the cheapest option is to get tourist visas which will give you 40 days on entry and will only cost 1000 baht each.

• Like 1

The airlines can and will not allow you to board your flight if you do not have a visa if you do not have a ticket exiting Thailand within 30 days of your entry. Booking a cheap flight to a neighboring country will work, say Hat Yai to KL, but the cheapest option is to get tourist visas which will give you 40 days on entry and will only cost 1000 baht each.

If I was to book a flight from hat yai to KL would I be granted another visa exemption on returning to Thailand for the remainder of my trip

Edited by bennywilks

Does the tourist visa not give you 60 days stay on entry ?

Does the tourist visa not give you 60 days stay on entry ?

Yes, a tourist visa wil give 60 days on entry and can be extended by 30 days.