East Pattaya man blames reckless contractors for wall collapse

Rimmer

East Pattaya man blames reckless contractors for wall collapse

n3Brick1.jpg

The roofs of a new housing project have been built so close to the boundary, when it rains, large amounts of water pours into the homes of residents in Green Field Villa 2. The wall the contractor created also fell down.

Heavy rain undermined the foundation of large brick wall allegedly made shaky by reckless contractors in East Pattaya, sending it tumbling down with the latest storm.

Raymond Crosby, 65, reported the collapse at his home in Green Field Villa 2 on Soi Khao Noi Oct. 26. No one was injured.

Living with his 50-year-old wife there for seven years, Crosby said a housing project was built next door earlier this year and dirt was filled to half the height of the wall on his property line before a compactor was run over the soil to flatten it.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/east-pattaya-man-blames-reckless-contractors-for-wall-collapse-42562#sthash.mmhpRPAc.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-11-07 footer_n.gif

The guy should have seen the neighbor's roofline likely encroached on his property before it was completed and done something about it.

What he could have done is best suggested by guys who understand property and building laws here.

I would have visited the neighbors structure and destroyed the adjacent wall in the night myself...but thats probably why its best I get my old cantankerous <delete> back Stateside before I get shot.

Maybe the idea now should be a small shed roof on the top of the wall "pitched" to channel the water back on the neighbor. And some high power spotlights aimed directly in neighbors windows.

Edited by ClutchClark

What can you say about permitting building within 2 metres of a boundary? It's totally stupid.

Planning consent and some proper building inspection during construction of houses and walls wouldn't hurt either.

Residential property must not be built closer than one metre to a land boundary. I believe Industrial property is three metres.

His neighbor is also obliged to fit guttering to prevent rain running into the adjoining property.

Why was a double wall necessary?

Residential property must not be built closer than one metre to a land boundary.

Perspective can be deceiving but the roof in that photo appears to be directly above the wall, and certainly doesn't seem to be a metre away from it.

Personally I think that even 2 metres is ridiculously close.

Residential property must not be built closer than one metre to a land boundary.

Perspective can be deceiving but the roof in that photo appears to be directly above the wall, and certainly doesn't seem to be a metre away from it.

Personally I think that even 2 metres is ridiculously close.

Yes you're right. Thais like to build all the way up to the boundary. Lots of them have "It's my land" attitude and think they can do what they like.

Some very expensive new houses I've seen you can virtually shake hands with your neighbors through the kitchen window.