12month tourist visa to Australia

I have to go back to Oz for two years to comply with an aged pension regulation. My wife wants to come too, and maybe do some work. She came with me for a month in July this year, which was her third tourist visit over the past ten years. Does anyone know how many tourist visits she can make in one year, and how easy or not it is to get a one year tourist visa? Thanks, Tim

Tim ... couple of things.

My wife wants to come too, and maybe do some work.

On a tourist Visa, your wife can not work (legally)

She came with me for a month in July this year, which was her third tourist visit over the past ten years. Does anyone know how many tourist visits she can make in one year,

About the number of Tourist Visas, there is no set amount. There seems to be a general guide that if someone spends more then 6 months out of 12 months in a country, they are more then a tourist. Not set in stone ... could be an urban myth ... but that guide does seem to apply more then randomly.

and how easy or not it is to get a one year tourist visa?

I've read that the '1 year' visa is technically possible, though I know of no-one who has got one.

There is a 6 month tourist Visa. Requires a medical in Thailand ... maybe a viable option for your wife, given your circumstances.

Now, there are, of course many '12 month' tourist Visas issued, but they are the 'Multiple Entry' style.

Meaning they are designed for the Visitor who 'hops' in and out of Australia on a fairly regular basis.

Many of us have bought our Thai Partners to Australia on this style of Visa but, and it's a BIG BUT ...

They, the visitor, is only allowed to stay for a maximum period of 3 months at a time before they have

to exit Australia and then re-enter. Not unlike how many have to do in Australia.

Hope that helps a bit.

• Like 1