Getting thai girlfriend uk tourist visa

This July I'd like to take my Thai girlfriend to London for a seven day visit. I understand that getting her a tourist visa for the U.K. could be a problem even if I sponsor her and provide the necessary hotel and salary information.

She's a full-time student and is not currently working. What should be put on the section of her tourist-visa application that deals with employment? I'd appreciate very much any ideas on dealing with this matter as well as tips that we could use when dealing with British Embassy officials at the Bangkok offfice ???

Have a look at

www.thailand-uk.com

and join the Forum. There's a lively discussion on this web site with loads of threads about this very problem. Having watched a BBC programme last night about the British Embassy in Bangkok, and with a little knowledge of the rules, unless your girlfriend can prove beyond all doubt strong reason to return to Thailand, I'd forget it. A student, hmm. I doubt her chance of success.

But check the forum above. There might be a way.

Good luck

Talk it through with your girl friend before you get to interview you will not be in the room with her.

The danger is that they will ask leading questions and your girl friend will answer in a way she thinks will please them.Keep it simple.I am a full time student i have to come back to finish my course and pass my exams.If she has a start date for the new term so much the better. Do not over stay in the U.k. if you ask for seven days then she should travel back in that time. She will get a longer time stamped in her passport at heathrow but if she stays longer than she asked for at embassy in bangkok this can count against her when next applies for a visa.   :o

Good luck Morgan.