Chaing Mai Annual Extension Application Passport Pages Copies

Back in June Mapguy posted a very helpful checklist of application requirements, including this amongst the list of copied documentation to be provided -

"Pages (of passport) showing stamps of all previous permission stamps and border re-entry stamps"

Is this really saying that a complete history of all movements in and out of Thailand has to be substantiated with such copies? Or is this requirement delimited in some way, such as - for the preceding year only? Or only in respect of previous annual permissions to stay?

Don't want to botch the application and lose another day of my life doing it again.

Thanks in advance for clarification.

No, you don't need to copy all pages but they do want a lot of copies. I just did my latest extension at Chiang Mai a couple of weeks ago, and these are the copies that the immigration officer wanted:

1. Data page
  2. Original visa
  3. Original entry stamp on aforementioned visa (the one giving you a permission to stay that you have since been extending)
  4. Every one year extension stamp since then
  5. Latest entry stamp
  6. Departure card (TM6)

So they basically want copies showing an unbroken chain from your original visa until your current permission to say.

Sophon

Oh, and you won't lose a day if you are missing some copies, they will just send you out back to get the missing copies and wait for you to come back. I didn't know that they wanted copies of every extension since the original entry (they didn't when I extended last year), so had only copied the latest extension stamp. But the officer was nice enough to just make the copies himself instead of asking me to run out and do them.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

I have only ever copied the current extension of stay, the orginal non-o visa, and the current entry stamp never pages of extension of stays.

Neither did I until my latest extension, that's why I was caught out. Maybe some officers want more copies than others?

Sophon

I have only ever copied the current extension of stay, the orginal non-o visa, and the current entry stamp never pages of extension of stays.

Neither did I until my latest extension, that's why I was caught out. Maybe some officers want more copies than others?

Sophon

When I arrive at immigration I go to the print center and tell them extension of stay for retirement theymake all of the required copies which are not that many never had every entry stamp copied that would be 10 years worth.

The current flavour of the month in Chiang Mai is not every entry stamp, just the one when you entered with the non-O visa (in your case 10 years ago) and the most recent entry stamp. It is the extension stamps of which they want copies of all.