Pletaal 50mg Tablets

GaryB1263

I need help with this one. Right now 100 tablets cost 2400 TBT. That is enough to cover 25 days. Is there a generic or an alternate to this drug. I have checked Fascino and my other favorite pharmacy's around Jomtien.

I would appreciate any info on this med and any information on intermittent claudication.

Thanks in Advance

Have a look at Sipental 400 by Siam pharmaceutical. It is normally a good generic substitution, not equivalent, which work well for claudication. You should talk to your dr about changing over though, there might be condition or medication interact with it.

• Like 1

There is no locally made brand of cilostazol (pletaal) in Thailand.

However there is a locally made brands of pentoxifylline (Cerator, made by Unison) which is an alternative treatment with similiar mode of action. Suggest you ask your doctor whether you could try that instead.

This is a good overview of the condition. If medications do nto work surgery is sometimes necessary. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/claudication/basics/definition/con-20033581

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Te following locally made brands are now available+

Bestazol 100 (as  name suggests, only in 100 mg strength but they are scored tablets so can take half if you want 50 mg)

Cilostazol  comes i  both 50 and 100 mg

Cylozza      "                    "