Canadian Aid Worker mugged and beaten on Koh Lipe beach

elektrified

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I can't find anything about this case which occurred on 14 August.

Does anyone have anymore information? This is an absolutely horrific case that seems to be getting very little exposure.

http://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/2014/10/18/twin_sons_to_run_in_waterfront_marathon_for_dad_paralyzed_by_attack_in_thailand.html#

Thais think tourism is down because the military

It is now starting to catch up to them I think on many levels and they think it is only because of the military take over .

Seems another westerner got hurt here and nothing is done

Do Thai authority (tourism ) Not understand this has a negative effect on tourism and directly

Affects there pocket book .

I know I am only 1 person but when I go back Canada north for work I chat to people I work with , there is not much good they say about thailand when they read the news about this place .

My wife understands more than the average Thai because she lived in the west for a few years and her opinion is the same as mine in regards to crime against tourists .

Hope he does recover

Pretty shocking stuff. I too can't see anything on this other that his fund raising site though given how often they misspell names here it could be under something else.

Makes you wonder how many more of these horrific incidents go unreported.

At first I thought that this was the attack on the American on the beach in Phuket.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/American-attacked-found-lying-on-Phuket-beach-30246346.html

However, it is just another attempted murder. So many, hard to keep up.

Koh Lipe is a very tiny island. The perpetrator will be known but almost certainly not arrested.