Fugitive monk Nen Kham emerges in LA

Lite Beer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does Thailand ever try to bring home fugitives? Ask Interpol for an international arrest warrant. Surely when the Thais hand over Russian arms trader Bout and American criminals to the US they can return the favor? Or did the monk pay off Thai officials not to do so? If top dogs do not get locked up all is lost for the Kingdom in the longer run. Free luting for present and future high ranks.

And in my years living here thailand refuses all help from other countries. So i guess this is applying to their fugitives as well. But then again, mai pan rai

If you do not punish crooks and make an example it only encourages more to do the same and increases lawlessness. How many examples have we seen of this? How many do the powers-that-be have to see before the satang drops. You say Mai pan rai. I say Sum num nah!!!!! (to the Thai law authorities)

Does Thailand ever try to bring home fugitives? Ask Interpol for an international arrest warrant. Surely when the Thais hand over Russian arms trader Bout and American criminals to the US they can return the favor? Or did the monk pay off Thai officials not to do so? If top dogs do not get locked up all is lost for the Kingdom in the longer run. Free luting for present and future high ranks.

I have not followed this story closely but my understanding is he is being persecuted because of things he did that are not illegal for an ordinary person but rather because he is a monk (religious reasons). If true, this guarantees he will be granted citizenship status in the US and they would never send him back to Thailand and nor would Interpol honor such a warrant ... even if there is just a suspicion his crimes are related to religion. No different than some radical Muslim country wanting one of their people back to execute or jail for converting religion while throwing in a charge of having sex with an underage girl that never was brought up until after it became widely known and publicized the person changed religion.

I am not sure about the meaning of your references to underage sex but that charge applies to this guy too. It should not be seen as religious persecution by Interpol or US authorities.

This monk was laundering money for high level Thais. They will never bring him back because he may talk.

200 million baht in bank transactions a day I recall. 6 million USD a day!

Private Lear Jet, designer bags etc.

Designer bags under the eyes for that money. Money does not make you happy. It just allows you to be selective about your miseries.

Nobody from this country will ever go after this man as a high ranking Military man is sitting on his 90 tons of Gold right here at home. He escaped with the contents of his 42 bank accounts but the 90 tons of Gold that had been 'gifted' to him was too heavy to carry, so it was left in the care of one of his 'partners in crime'. This man had many Military Officers, Police Officers and Politicians involved in his money laundering exercise along with assorted High So's who needed large sums of money 'cleansing'.

No Sir; nobody wants this man back in Thailand.....too many questions to answer.

Nobody from this country will ever go after this man as a high ranking Military man is sitting on his 90 tons of Gold right here at home. He escaped with the contents of his 42 bank accounts but the 90 tons of Gold that had been 'gifted' to him was too heavy to carry, so it was left in the care of one of his 'partners in crime'. This man had many Military Officers, Police Officers and Politicians involved in his money laundering exercise along with assorted High So's who needed large sums of money 'cleansing'.

No Sir; nobody wants this man back in Thailand.....too many questions to answer.

90 tons of gold... so two or three billion US dollars worth, that's more than many countries have in reserve. rolleyes.gif

Has it ever been reported how he laundered money for the hi-so's, because when you donate money to a temple then you don't create clean money.

All is lost already man.

He is very popular in Thai Town, LA. The largest Buddhist temple in LA is Wat Thai LA. They would welcome him there mainly because, everywhere he goes, he brings in lot's of Thai people and lot's of money donated. Los Angeles has the largest concentration of Thai people outside Thailand. He has a large home near Lake Elsinore, California. He is probably in the US on a religious (missionary) visa, which the US gives to most monks who come to the US. Easy to extend.

He is very popular in Thai Town, LA. The largest Buddhist temple in LA is Wat Thai LA. They would welcome him there mainly because, everywhere he goes, he brings in lot's of Thai people and lot's of money donated. Los Angeles has the largest concentration of Thai people outside Thailand. He has a large home near Lake Elsinore, California. He is probably in the US on a religious (missionary) visa, which the US gives to most monks who come to the US. Easy to extend.

Sounds from your comments that Thai people just want to be scammed.

• Like 1

Sounds from your comments that Thai people just want to be scammed.

Not so much scammed, as they are conditioned to donating large amounts to the Thai temples in the US. There are numerous 3 - 4 man Thai temples in the US who live well of these donations. Thai persons donations. Very few of these temples are visited by Americans.

Another upstanding representive of monks on the run. It appears that they are taking lessons from the politicans or is it visa versa?

How can people like this face those who come to ask for guidence and/or advice? Another individual who seems to think he is above the rules that he has committed to. Does he also sell concoctions to cure cancer, aids, heart desease, obesity,ulcers, etc or is he another one who predicts the future, if the payment is right?

• Like 1

Another upstanding representive of monks on the run. It appears that they are taking lessons from the politicans or is it visa versa?

How can people like this face those who come to ask for guidence and/or advice? Another individual who seems to think he is above the rules that he has committed to. Does he also sell concoctions to cure cancer, aids, heart desease, obesity,ulcers, etc or is he another one who predicts the future, if the payment is right?

He is only following the way most Buddhist temples are run in his home country. blink.png

If he is popular amongst the Thais in LA, why do you suppose that is?

I thought I read he was NOT welcome at a Wat there. Would Wat Thai LA be willing to overlook his transgressions just to get money/donations? I imagine it helps if he is, indeed, popular with the local Thais but isn't this rather unflattering of the L.A. Thais, not to mention Wat Thai LA?

Isn't there some action to be taken by the head monks (forget the name of the regulatory gang) on a monk gone rogue?

Thanks.

If he is popular amongst the Thais in LA, why do you suppose that is?

I thought I read he was NOT welcome at a Wat there. Would Wat Thai LA be willing to overlook his transgressions just to get money/donations? I imagine it helps if he is, indeed, popular with the local Thais but isn't this rather unflattering of the L.A. Thais, not to mention Wat Thai LA?

Isn't there some action to be taken by the head monks (forget the name of the regulatory gang) on a monk gone rogue?

Thanks.

This is just a guess, but I think that he was not welcome at Wat Thai LA.. mainly because the abbot there was a really good friend of the Sangharaja, the head monk in Thailand, Whom was the person who put the abbot of Wat Thai La in his position, But, that Sangharaja has died and now there is a new chief. So, probably all has been forgiven.

I think most Thai's like the pomp and glitter of Nen Kham. To their way of thinking, he's kind of a Robin Hood, although he doesn't seem to share with the poor. But, that's Thainess.. ha ha

• Like 2

The article probably has a probable typo listing Sino Hills rather than Chino Hills, California as to the location of him acquiring a D/L. Los Angeles does have an official designated area named "Thai Town", so it's no wonder he chose to relocate there. Here are 7 facts regarding LA and Thai's:

1. Los Angeles County is considered the 77th province of Thailand because of the high number of Thais living here (largest population of Thais outside of Thailand).

2. The meaning of Los Angeles and Bangkok is the same: The City of Angels.

3. Los Angeles Thai Town is currently the only established Thai Town in the United States and the world.

4. Thai Town has appeared on Anthony Bourdain’s “No Reservations” TV show.

5. The extremely popular Thai iced tea or “Cha Yen” is sometimes served without milk and is called “Cha Dam Yen.”

6. Be sure to have plenty of cash, as many Thai businesses do not accept credit cards.

7. Chopsticks are usually used only to eat noodles in soups, and using both a fork and spoon (at the same time) is customary when eating Thai food there, same as in Thailand.

wai2.gif

Thai people call Bangkok 'City of Angels' or 'Krung Thep Maha Nakhon', but Bangkok does not mean 'city of angels', it roughly translates as 'village on a river island'. The full Thai name for Bangkok is, 'Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharatratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphimanawatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit', this translates as, 'City of angels, great city of immortals, magnificent city of the nine gems, seat of the king, city of royal palaces, home of gods incarnate, erected by Visvakaram at Indra's behest'.

I have not followed this story closely but my understanding is he is being persecuted because of things he did that are not illegal for an ordinary person but rather because he is a monk (religious reasons). If true, this guarantees he will be granted citizenship status in the US and they would never send him back to Thailand and nor would Interpol honor such a warrant ... even if there is just a suspicion his crimes are related to religion. No different than some radical Muslim country wanting one of their people back to execute or jail for converting religion while throwing in a charge of having sex with an underage girl that never was brought up until after it became widely known and publicized the person changed religion.

I am not sure about the meaning of your references to underage sex but that charge applies to this guy too. It should not be seen as religious persecution by Interpol or US authorities.

My recollection is he was in the press for living a luxury lifestyle for month(s) and they were trying numerous ways to arrest him then found this charge. If it smells like politics or religion based, they are not going to get support. You see Thaksin on any Interpol fugitive list? He too was in the same boat, after the poo hit the fan they looked for anything to charge him with.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn