Fast visa to stay 6 months ?

Im due to fly to thailand on wed 19th nov 3 days away i was initially going to go for a week but now want to go for maybe 3-6 months. What can i now do . Border runs ? Or keep going to jomtien immigration and get 15 days twice a month. Is there anyway i can go to malaysia or singapore and get a 1 year non o from uk embassy. What is the solution if there is one.

Help needed. Thanks

What do you mean with this "Is there anyway i can go to malaysia or singapore and get a 1 year non o from uk embassy"

How can a UK Embassy in Singapore or Malaysia give you a visa for Thailand?

And how do you qualify for a Non Immigrant O visa?

Edited by beano2274
  • Like 1

I do not have time to get tourist visa in my home country . I fly .wed 19th dec from dublin. I hold an irish passport so im wondering could i get a visa from dublin within next 2 days ? Failing that then an ed visa ?

I do not have time to get tourist visa in my home country . I fly .wed 19th dec from dublin. I hold an irish passport so im wondering could i get a visa from dublin within next 2 days ? Failing that then an ed visa ?

You can call the consulate in Dublin and ask. Otherwise you can get a tourist visa in Laos. ED requires enrolling at a school and is much more expensive.

I'm American but I think we are treated the same? I have arrived with "visa on arrival" (visa exempt) and during that 30 days gone to BKK imm. and converted to a real visa, gotten extensions and stayed for 180 days. I had to do some border runs.

Someone here will know if that can still be done.

In any event you can arrive with no visa, get 30 days, convert to a real visa for 60 more, and take if from there. All done in Thailand.

Come to Thailand and get your upon arrival visa. Extend it for 30 days. = 60 days

Leave the country and apply for tourist visa. You'll be outside the country 1-2 days. Extend the visa for an additinal 30 days.

That gives you 5 months. If you want more you'll have to leave the country again.

In any event you can arrive with no visa, get 30 days, convert to a real visa for 60 more, and take if from there. All done in Thailand.

That is possible only when having qualification, for example a Thai family member, that the OP doesn't have.

if you arrive on a visa exempt entry you will get 30 days permission to stay which can be extended at immigration for 19000 baht. If you don't have a ticket exiting Thailand within 30 days of arrival the airline might not let you board your flight. Look at the link provided above to satisfy this requirement.

Once you are here on your initial 30 day permission to stay, IMHO you should go to Laos and get a double entry tourist visa. Savannakhet issues them on the same day that they are applied for and the cost is 2000 baht. If you extended your VE entry for 30 days it will cost you 1900 baht, so it's only 100 baht more, plus travel.

When you enter using the double TV you will get 60 days permission to stay which can be extended for 30 days at immigration for 1900 baht. You then have to do a border run and leave and re-enter and get another 60 + 30 days. By doing tit this way you can get almost 210 days permission to stay with two border runs, 1 to obtain the visa, and two extensions. 30 days (VE entry) +60 + 30 + 60 + 30 = 210. The total cost would be 5800 baht, plus travel, but if you leave before extending for the final 30 days it would only be 3900 baht.

Your first hurdle is getting on the pland in Dublin on Wednesday without a visa if you don't have a ticket exiting Thailand within 30 days. You can plan the rest once you are here and decide where you want to stay. If in the south you might want to do the visa run to Penang but I'm not exactly sure where they stand on issuance of double entry TVs.

That is possible only when having qualification, for example a Thai family member, that the OP doesn't have.

Not true.

Not true.

Below are the criteria for getting a visa conversion and extension of stay in Thailand. You tell us which one could apply to the OP, as it seems you know him personally.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=280330

Dirtycash,

You have told me in a previous thread that you have a Thai wife.

Why not get a multi entry non immigrant O visa because of your marriage?

That way you will only have to do one border run in the next six months.

The Thai Consul in Dublin can issue you an Non immigrant O visa.

http://www.thaiconsulateireland.com/#types-of-visa

I would point out the limitations regarding a tourist visa.

Foreigners who enter Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category and would like to leave and re-enter may only stay for a cumulative duration which does not exceed 90 days and is within a 6-month period from the date of first entry. (Passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of entry).

Edited by Jay Sata

"Foreigners who enter Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category and would like to leave and re-enter may only stay for a cumulative duration which does not exceed 90 days and is within a 6-month period from the date of first entry. (Passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of entry)."

The above is an old reg and no longer applies.

If in fact the OP is married to a Thai, he can enter on a VE entry, convert that entry to a Non-O in Bangkok and then extend the Non-O for 1 year at the immigration office responsible for the area where he lives. He must meet all of the requirements including the financial ones of either having 400k in a Thai bank in his name only or income of at least 40k/month. If he uses the 400k method, the money doesn't have to be seasoned for the conversion, but has to be in the bank at least 2 months for the extension.. He must apply for the conversion with at least 15 days left on his visa exempt entry and will require at least 3 visits to immigration unless Bangkok does the extension at the same time that they do the conversion. The conversion costs 2000 baht and the extension 1900 baht.

I'm American but I think we are treated the same? I have arrived with "visa on arrival" (visa exempt) and during that 30 days gone to BKK imm. and converted to a real visa, gotten extensions and stayed for 180 days. I had to do some border runs.

Someone here will know if that can still be done.

"In any event you can arrive with no visa, get 30 days, convert to a real visa for 60 more, and take if from there. All done in Thailand."

A visa on arrival is not the same as a visa exempt entry. If you converted to a non-imm O in Bangkok and then took it from there, what was the basis for the conversion and presumably "take it from there" means to get an extension of stay?

Or are you talking about a 60 day extension (not a visa) to visit one's wife?

Your explanation isn't particularly useful without more information and the visa entry conversions normally involves quite a few requirements, not just pitching up at an immigrations office.

i can go to malaysia or singapore and get a 1 year non o from uk embassy.

Can't fathom why you would think a British embassy would issue visas to Thailand.

Some of the comments in this thread seem to add to the confusion rather than solving it.

Edited by Suradit69