Fist-fighting BTS builder dies after falling off track onto motorist

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And not to forget thaivisa..where the farang can whinge and complain about the Thais and then end up bickering amongst themselves.

luv it. Who would ever go back to watching television :0)

Beats Thai soapies hands down.

Good that his loving brother fled the scene.....big brother falls and dies...so do a runner!.......Some of 'em are gutless pieces of s!!!

Indeed. All I can surmise from this, what with him running, is that he didn't 'accidentally' fall... brother probably pushed/punched him off!

The point is, that the brother PROBABLY made a runner, because he would end up in custody for a few days......accident or no accident.

In Thailand he'd be guilty until proven not guilty; different from most other countries.

Since the brother would not be able to afford legal-assistance he would stay in prison for quite some time. Of course, making a runner wasn't very smart......they'll catch him sooner or later.

Will have been forgotten by the end of the week.

Only in Thailand it's normal to fistfight with your brother while you are working

Really? So fistfights at work do not happen in any other country in the world? Really?

Just the usual pack of sad-arsed TV forum losers, desperate to convince themselves that they are superior to somebody, and willing to grasp at any straw in order to do so.

• Like 1

Wow, what vile human beings you all are, a person died and all you can do is spew crap out about Darwinism, I am sure all you angels have never been in a fight with a sibling or never been the cause of an accident, a person died here and there family member must be feeling terrible and blaming themselves.

Actually, not after the age of about 6. And then not while working at height on a building site.....

At least the articles along with your remarks help you reassure yourself of some self-esteem.

Well when people ask a really dumb question it does deserve a dumb answer.

Justifiying fighting with your own sibling on a building site in downtown bangkok to a level where your brother falls off the building, becsuse, "you know it happens everywhere", is fairly dumb.

When was the last time u had a fist fight with your brother? On a building site? Causing him to plunge to his death?

You are asking for anecdotal evidence as proof of your point? None of us had a fight with our brothers on a building site causing his death... so because such an incident happened in Thailand, it can only happen in Thailand? Gosh what incredible common sense you have... No wonder you feel the overwhelming urge to attack "stupid" questions.

So why don't you tell the whole forum exactly how this is uniquely Thai behaviour... Don't sugar coat it, now. If you want to attack the native intelligence of a whole race of people, you go right ahead and do it out in the open... If there is some anthropological study you can use to support your argument, then use that, by all means. But please... don't keep us in suspense any longer about what you really think and - assuming there is a reason - why you think it. We're all dying to know, oh wise one.

Only in Thailand it's normal to fistfight with your brother while you are working

Really? So fistfights at work do not happen in any other country in the world? Really?

I have never seen or heard about a fistfight between two brothers working high up in the air. Or even on the ground. Remember this was a real fight and one person died Edited by larsjohnsson

Just the usual pack of sad-arsed TV forum losers, desperate to convince themselves that they are superior to somebody, and willing to grasp at any straw in order to do so.

even if tv is not a bastion of intellectuality and scholarly achievement it's not far fetched at all to be critical of 2 elevated construction workers fist fighting with or without safety gear in place none the less brothers.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

”...before accidentally falling off the track...”

How else would one fall? If it was intentional it would be 'jumping'.

Perhaps he was accidentally 'pushed'?? hehehe.. i wouldnt put it past them, but that is nothing more than pure fantasy and speculation at this stage.. i doubt we will ever truly know.. ??

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

He shouldn't have been able to fall

Exactly, where were the safety harnesses or the safety railing?

Still on order or the allocated monies some how disappeared - are you really surprised?

Not at all. Most countries Working at Height regulations are similar, but some countries enforce them and others don't

Should be an enquirery/incident report and the company fined heavily , but nothing will happen

Wow, what vile human beings you all are, a person died and all you can do is spew crap out about Darwinism, I am sure all you angels have never been in a fight with a sibling or never been the cause of an accident, a person died here and there family member must be feeling terrible and blaming themselves.

"a person died here and there family member must be feeling terrible and blaming themselves"

are you referring to his compassoinate brother that done a runner? whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

There is a safety railing and netting around the elevated work sites. See attached pics.

You would need to be extraordinarily unlucky and totally incompetent (intoxicated/drugged) to fall-off accidentally, but after a blow - who knows?

You can't guard or legislate against brothers fighting at height and despite the best intentions and real attempts to keep booze / drugs of the sites, its nearly impossible. But I would say that it is extremely unlikely that the guy was intoxicated enough to fall off himself, its bloody hard work actually getting-up there. Also the guys up there fixing up the segments are usually pretty skilled at their jobs and work sober, easy to loose a hand/arm if you are not competent/ compose.

I don't expect he meant to tip his brother over, if that's what happened (or contribute in some other way to his fall) and will regret it forever, but I still hope the brown jobs put him away for fighting (with or without a kick to the head) they could have knocked somebody else off who went to separate them.

post-221948-0-11678300-1416395936_thumb.

post-221948-0-43703300-1416395976_thumb.

post-221948-0-26210900-1416396062_thumb.

”...before accidentally falling off the track...”

How else would one fall? If it was intentional it would be 'jumping'.

Don't know, wasn't there but if fighting and fell, not accidental. Depends if he was hit and then fell. This could relate to a murder charge but if police cannot prove intent, then manslaughter. Nothing accidental about it. Be most unlikely that he would jump. Then the hero of a brother decamps the scene. Makes one wonder doesn't it?

Also, who came up with the headline "Accidental Fall" journalist or the police after their investigation? Feel sorry for the motorcyclist I bet he saw blue lights for some time after.

Edited by Si Thea01

He should not have been able to fall, but for some reason my post with pictures of the safety arrangements on top of the viaduct has been cut. Never mind the facts, it's much more fun to speculate why some poor guy dies.

NB the Green Line extension does not belong to BTS its MRTA.

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

It is just semantics perhaps, but I see three possibilities:

a ) he fell (accident/<deleted>)
b ) he jumped (suicide)
c ) he was pushed (homicide)

or (d) he had a fight while arguing with his brother and fell accidentally as per the OP?

He shouldn't be able to fall ,jump ,or get punched in the head an go over if the work area was set up properly . The netting is to stop debris falling on passers by and in this case people falling on passers by

my apologies, my post I still there (newbiitus).

It is not possible to construct elevated viaducts in perfect safety, eg the guys putting up the safety railings are at risk, but they are supposed to wear a safety harnesses - as are any workers who are at risk of falling. (like the guy in the middle of the viaduct section in my second picture - who does appear to be wearing a harness).

The netting is more to protect from debris blowing over and the handrail to prevent bodies going over accidentally.

No way did this guy fall off without help. All are responsible for their own safety on site and to behave responsibly.

One more pick here to show what you need to do to get up the top, not easy if you are in any way incapacitated.

This project has a pretty good day-to-day safety rating and its a shame that idiots spoil it.

post-221948-0-77647300-1416398686_thumb.

• Like 1

And not to forget thaivisa..where the farang can whinge and complain about the Thais and then end up bickering amongst themselves.

luv it. Who would ever go back to watching television :0)

Beats Thai soapies hands down.

Many on here, including me, would disagree that TVF bickering beats a good "soapie", or perhaps you were referring to the pablum seen on TV at night which are usually called "soaps" or la kon tee wee.

I have been in fights with my brother. I was 13-14 years old. Then I evolved.

• Like 1

Not really

Just tired of the posters that seem to think that murder or accidents only happen in Thailand

I'm surprised that the usual predictable boring "No Thai could have done this" Or "I bet the Burmese get framed for this" comments haven't surfaced on this thread yet