7yr Gov Roadworthy Check - Can a Shop Do It ?

Apparently the trusty pickup has a 7yr birthday, gezz 7yrs has gone fast, anyway, I believe it needs to go into the pitts for a check out and a rubber stamp.

It is extremely non-convenient for us to take it in, one of the scooters need one of these types of Gov checks and we just take it to some approved shop who does it and you get the green book back 2 weeks later.

Can a shop do it for us ?

Rego is due soon.

Yep. Had mine done a couple of months ago by a place on Sukh Rd between Pattaya Tai and Pattaya Klang. They also did the rego which took a couple of days - said my receipt was good if the cops pulled me over. Cost was about 300 above the rego/insurance price, so pretty good imo. Vehicle check seemed legit from what I could see ... erm, but I'll reserve comment on that.

• Like 1

Just went to one of these shops in Krabi - assuming they're similar across the country there will be a few around. They'll take your green book and get the new sticker for you - the place nearest even ripped off the old one and applied the new one. Insurance, new license plates, the whole nine yards - easy to work with, and a pleasant surprise for once.

• Like 1

Just went to one of these shops in Krabi - assuming they're similar across the country there will be a few around. They'll take your green book and get the new sticker for you - the place nearest even ripped off the old one and applied the new one. Insurance, new license plates, the whole nine yards - easy to work with, and a pleasant surprise for once.

Yep these are the agents I used for sales transfers whenever we sold a car, it cost about 1500 baht and it was well worth it to have it handled by them with no bumps.