Travelling to erawan museum and anicent city.

ultimate weapon

I'm going to be taking the BTS right to the last station bearing and from there do they have special rides to those 2 places or do i need to hail a cab to take me to those 2 locations?

I hope to be able to visit both on the same day.

Can i tell the drivers in english or must i pronounce those 2 places in thai?

^^ Agreed.

Maybe Bt 100, 120 in a Taxi.

Make sure you take the correct exit from Bearing.

Here is a map for Bearing ... http://www.bangkok.com/images/bts/bts-E14-bearing.gif (to big to show on this page)

Take Exit 1 ... where the stairs meet the road, there are usually taxis waiting there.

You can take Exit 3 ... but they barricade it and it's difficult to get any taxis there.

Assuming you are staying at a Hotel, ask the Receptionist to write the name of erawan museum in Thai for you.

When you get there, both places are run by the same organisation, and, from memory, have a joint discounted ticket.

The erawan museum is first, then, further down the road the anicent city.

Enjoy ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

There is an express hourly bus that goes down Sukhumvit, past Erewan and down skirting north of Samut Prakan and past the entrance road to the Ancient City (leaving you about half a km to walk to entrance booth). At least there was when we did it 3 years ago. Unfortunately I cannot remember the destination or number. We caught it at On Nut at the foot of the steps down form BTS station in the days when that was the last BTS stop. Think I got the details form internet at the time though (I'm much better at finding my way round Thailand than my Thai wife!)

From Bearing -- bus numbers 102, 511, 25, and lots more go past Erawan -- it's not far. For the Ancient city I suggest bus 511 to the Crocodile Farm, and then a taxi - or a song taew if you can manage to find the right one. Several go past the entrance of the Ancient City. Be warned - the Ancient City is very big and time consuming - take a picnic and a big water bottle and spend the day there wink.png There's not many places t stay out there, but GIYF wink.png

PS -- there are other bus numbers going from Bearing to the crocodile farm, or very close .. I'll search and edit later,,,,

Edited by jpinx

Here ya go....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bus_routes_in_Bangkok

508 Samut Prakan Crocodile Farm & Zoo - Ratchaworadit Pier Orange air-conditioned bus (EURO II) 511 Samut Prakan - Southern Bus Terminal (Taling Chan) Orange air-conditioned bus (EURO II) 511 (Expressway) Samut Prakan - Southern Bus Terminal (Taling Chan) Orange air-conditioned bus (EURO II) 536 (Expressway) Samut Prakan Crocodile Farm & Zoo - Victory Monument - Bangkok Bus Terminal (Chatuchak) Orange air-conditioned bus (EURO II)

Bus numbers 25 and 102 go through Paknam, but you'd need to get off in the centre and take a songtaew from there

Also reference..

http://www.bmta.co.th/en/bus_info.php

http://www.transitbangkok.com/lines/bangkok-bus-line/511

Erawan Museum

http://goo.gl/maps/hUKb5

Crocodile Farm...

http://goo.gl/maps/OJBaC

Ancient City Entrance ...

http://goo.gl/maps/y8Haa

HTH :)

You could easily spend a whole day at Ancient City alone, so if you must do both in one day, visit Erawan first, as that can be done in an hour or so. Go early.

SPEND 2 DAYS at the Ancient City......some things ARE NOT ON the map. I found many GREAT places by walking. Mark YOUR route on the MAP you get - we drove and still did 2 days

does presenting a thai driver's licence at Ancient City work to get thai admission price (350 vs 700)?

Funny you ask that.

Got my Thai Drivers Licence 2 years ago.

We actually went to the Erawan Museum.

I shoved my DL into the gf's hand and ordered her up to the Ticket Office/Booth.

She said ... no, they won't. go on Hun ... give it a whirl (try)

Came back with the discounted ticket for me ... clap2.gif

As for the Ancient City ... been years since I've been there but apparently they are owned by the same crew.

does presenting a thai driver's licence at Ancient City work to get thai admission price (350 vs 700)?

Funny you ask that.

I shoved my DL into the gf's hand and ordered her up to the Ticket Office/Booth.

As for the Ancient City ... been years since I've been there but apparently they are owned by the same crew.

Ancient City used to actually have a sign saying something like "Foreigner with Thai resident permit=Thai price". Whatever price you are paying definitely worth it.

Funny you ask that.

Ancient City used to actually have a sign saying something like "Foreigner with Thai resident permit=Thai price". Whatever price you are paying definitely worth it.

When I went, it was about 50 baht. No need to have a residence discount. I guess the guy that built it died and his heirs put the price up.

hey guys thanks for suggestions. Visited both places yesterday.

erawan museusm

15708107068_b62d0d3ca8_c.jpg

15709575819_c1bf5a1280_c.jpg

15709561999_d198477a5a_c.jpg

15275951153_00c15f4577_c.jpg

Siam ancient city is really huge and so you either need to rent a bike or a golf buggy forget about walking inside. If you're on a bike it's going to be tough or impossible to be taking pictures with over 130 attractions. If you're in a buggy with friends it's still challenging taking pictures of everything since it's only one hour of renting the buggy. Managed to take a few pics

15869892126_531a7594bf_c.jpg

15273320544_799ca72729_c.jpg

15275947933_6e7bda7db7_c.jpg

15708302240_d6fa296301_c.jpg

• Like 2