Ringing endorsement for Prayut government from the business sector

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then go after all of those irrespective of political hue or family connections etc who have conspired to steal as much as they could from Thailand and its peoples.

Quite difficult when the coup makers are the main culprits for this. Will they arrest themselves?

ps why are all coup supporters older British guys in Issan. Must be an old colonial thing

Well now, there is a question.

Cynics might claim it all started in 2004, when a certain Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra ordered the Go Go Bars and Beer Bars to close at 0200!

Can't imagine that is the reason myself.

Mind you when the locals get there own way, and feel that they have a say in the way things are to be run, some people may just feel that their perceived status and privileges are a tad undermined........pedestals get a bit rocky, that sort of thing?

Edited by JAG

So every couple of weeks we are going to be told how happy everyone is and the businesses? Surely this is political propoganda

Fact is not propaganda.

I am not saying the majority are happy or they are not happy.

But when you announce on a regular basis that they are happy then it becomes propoganda. It is like they are trying to convince everyone that you should be happy too...

Speaking for myself I could not care.either way. But! Many people read this and think the same simply because it is reported regularly in the news.

We are off to India soon and really wish Thailand luck in sorting out their mess.

But i firmly believe without the elections in 2015 its plummeting world perception won't improve .

People rule out in many cases visiting a country with so much political unrest potentially , and one governed by military .

We have children and so family insurance is essential.

Its just not something easily obtained these days if your going there.

Free speech and threats , and the spike of murders etc.

I feel this country may be ruled for quite some Time by a Government trying to insist it is something other than the reality.

Tourism loss is just one aspect-

Business will maybe be mishandled too.

The cracks are starting to show and people can't have peace of mind with their family in such places anymore.

I hope by late next year we see some elections and things return again to a democracy.

Hey Fred: Just one question: How can we have a "return to democracy" when there was no democracy in the first place?

Let me remind some of the posters here - just because you have elections it does not mean that you have a democracy. Look at Saddam, Mugabe, Hun Sen, China. And what are the people currently fighting for in Hong Kong after? Democracy because their elections are not democratic. Some other posters who have been critical above should wake up and understand what despots are, what family dictatorships can do to a country. They should look at how PTP and Thaksin in particular ruled the country AFTER the elections. Tell me, was Thaksin's paying off of the so-called independent Senators democratic? Was his extra-judicial slayings of more than 2,500 so-called drug dealers (including political opponents) democratic? Were the 18 cases of human rights abuses listed by Amnesty International against Thaksin himself Democratic? I hardly think so and these examples are just the tip of a massive undemocratic iceberg. Let's raise another issue. Is a coup necessarily an act against democracy? Take, for example, Hitler (who was elected in the 1930s) but whose generals realised that the guy was dangerous and out of control. What did they do? Well in 1944 they tried to organise a coup against Hitler but failed. So, as a result, they were executed along with millions of Jews and everyday people in Europe. Just think none of those people would have met their terrible ends had the generals succeeded in a coup against Hitler. There are many who believe that the coup against Thaksin's undemocratic rule has saved Thailand from a fate far worse than a benevolent coup. So please think this through before posting your prejudices.

The Final solution and persecution of the Jews as well as other ethnics and mentally Ill people was underway well before these Generals tried to kill Hitler so your history is seriously flawed which makes your anology about their deaths being prevented quite wrong.

Stalin killed more Jews than Hitlers final solution, he wasn't any better when it came to dealing with ethnic minorities.

Edited by Fat Haggis

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Perhaps you corruption-supporting falang know more about the economy than the Thai business leaders questioned?

I think not.

The same old posters criticising anything this government does or says.

The previous administration is gone. Get over it and try to help the country improve.

Or leave, and stop filling up ThaiVisa with your negative, unhelpful comments.

You certainly are a supporter of this government.

You're not keen on free speech or criticism either.

I have a T/shirt "we bring you happiness" white print with a red back ground , that says it all.

The rules of this forum are very clear and should be respected. You are welcome to criticise the Takisin family but not prominent public figures in Government or other institutions. This would be a lot easier if TV did not report so many silly stories about drugs raids or the positive publicity spins from powerful institutions. I hear the firework festival in Pattaya was good this year as were the Chonburi Buffalo races.