Retirement Visa Renewal - Current Requirments in Chiang Mai

Wuvu2

I have extended my retirement visa in Jomtien in the past, but recently moved to Chiang Mai.

What are the current documents and photo copies required in CM to renew my retirement visa - I'm doing an income affidavit from my embassy.

Thanks!

In addition to affidavit take -

Application, front and back completed, photo attached, signed

Copies of:

Main picture page of passport

Original Non-Im visa

Copy of all previous retirement stamp pages

Copy of TM6 attached (and page under TM6)

Copy of re-entry visa(s)

All copies signed. Tel. number under signatures on app and picture page (to be sure)

1,900 THB

If you go early to get in the outside queue, make sure it is the proper line. There are 4. There is a copy shop on premises if more is requested.

Copies of:

Original Non-Im visa

Copy of re-entry visa(s)

All copies signed. Tel. number under signatures on app and picture page (to be sure)

1,900 THB

If you go early to get in the outside queue, make sure it is the proper line. There are 4. There is a copy shop on premises if more is requested.

This time of year 5am is not too early!

Copies of:

Original Non-Im visa

Copy of re-entry visa(s)

1,900 THB

Good list. In addition (while not strictly required), you might be asked to confirm your income sources. This would be quite rare, but pack your proof in your briefcase. More commonly, an officer might ask for proof of residence in Chiang Mai Province. Again, this does not happen often, but since you are new in town, as you have indicated, you might be asked. SInce you need to report your change of address with Immigration anyway, do that first, and carry a copy with you.

There is a thread of various comments running on TV Chiang Mai about reporting your address. This is not the 90-day report. The report by the householder is an easy one, and you get a receipt. The report is made at the "Investigations Office" just to the rear of the main office.

Otherwise, take a good book or magazines to read. biggrin.png

Edited by Mapguy