Thai Army Chief plays down fears of ISIS threats

webfact

Gen. Prayuth and secretary-general of the NCPO General Udomdej Sitabutr should settle Thailand's insurgent issues first before coordinating with its neighbors for potential terrorist threats. Frankly, if I were a country neighboring Thailand I'd worry more about South Thailand becoming an incubator for export of terrorists in the adjacent countries.

ISIS in Thailand? lmao He played it down just as he should. If you wish to strike fear into the heart of Thais, go right for the real bogie-men: Ghosts! w00t.gif

I was in Iraq when ISIS stormed across the country in less than 72 hours with a force of over 20,000 and the Iraqi intelligence nor US intelligence didn't pick this up until their Army started dropping more weapons and running for their lives.

I'm glad you think it's a bit of a laugh the people of Northern Iraq and Syria are being butchered daily by ISIS must feel the same way.

The owner of the Titanic also made bold statements too.

Al Quida has splinter groups operating all over Asia and South East Asia now they're rebranded themselves As ISIS it's only A matter of time before elements who are radical show up in a country that has an insurgency involving other Muslims.

• Like 1

I guess army chief never been to soi 3 and 5 in bangkok. Hard to tell who is Isis and who is Osama's cousins

Open racism is so cute. You are 50+ and stopped thinking original thoughts 30 years ago?

You are too cute, i am 30 + and do enlighten me what original thoughts are?whistling.gif

Is it not strange that Islamic terrorism only came into existence after the fall of the Berlin Wall.

So after the threat of Nuclear War with Russia had gone the WORLD needed a new threat to keep us all on our toes.

NOW. In steps AMERICA with their BANK MASTERS going for all the oil and giving the MUSLIMS something to fight for.

Worked out well. The WORLD is scared, the BANK MASTERS are getting richer and or young men are DYING.

BASTARDS.

• Like 1

Idiots running the country. This type of thought is opening people up to harm. Oh but this is Thailand and we have never been colonised and fought off all invaders. Have they forgotten 2012 where it was proclaimed, there are no terrorists in Thailand and then 2 iranians botch a planned bombing.

Who elected these morons to look after the country?

Well giver the ability to lose a suspected Ebola victim one can hardly have confidence in the ability of the authorities to contain a possible ISIS insurgency.

ISIS are professionals in elusive entries the Ebola character was an enthusiastic amateur what chance in reality do we have when or if the professionals come to play with their bang bang toys in Thailand.

head-in-sand.jpg

Edited by siampolee

Every country should take a leaf out of Japan's book no radicals allowed in. All muslims should be banned from entering non muslim countries and any members of criminal organizations should be executed thus weeding them out slowly but surly.

Wouldn't it be great to see the so called 'Moderate Muslims' (whatever that is) parading around the Western world protesting at the barbaric acts that are being perpetrated under the name of their god (small 'g' intended). They come out in droves openly displaying banners saying kill us all who aren't of their faith and calling for changes in the law of various countries to pacify their 'Backward thinking brutal religion' and the stupidly "Politically Correct" authorities allow them to do this. Far, far to much tolerance has been given to these maniacs and it's time for a complete reversal of the way they are treated by the rest of 'Humanity' from which I would exclude them by definition. The problem with this is that nearly everybody that you talk to on this subject agrees with you, but the 'Politicians' haven't got the balls to say it and believe that the general populace WANT this change. time for the big stick to come out.

Maybe send a few of the SAS boys out to put a few bombs under them in Mecca - maybe then they might get the picture - a tooth for a tooth as the old saying goes.

G_d forbid but I'm surprised something has not happened in BKK by their southern cousins. Yes, the western establishments would be too easy.

Thailand, the hub of sweeping statements.

There have been planned attacks outside of the Deep South e.g. at a Phuket police station (bomb failed to detonate). Allegedly as a demonstration attack to warn Thai security not to exceed the 'ground rules' in the Deep South.

From my reading, at this point in time, I believe it's fair to say that Thai Muslims in the Deep South are not aligned to the religiously motivated extreme violence committed by IS, IS goals for a M.E. caliphate, nor attacking Westerners. Quite different to Indonesian JI leader and a few other Indo terrorist group leaders who have publically announced support for IS. As far as I’m aware there have not been any reports of Thai Muslim terrorist group/s outside of the Deep South.

I would bet that many isis members go to Pattaya or Bkk. Could be a good place to recruit members or have the last holiday before going to war. Just have a look at walking street, looks like there could be an army of them already there. We may never know until its too late.

• Like 1

Wait, wait - perhaps these ISIS guys turn out to be those "quality tourists" the TAT planned to "lure" in... smile.png

This Army Chief must be walking around with blinkers on and obviously is not getting any info from south Thailand, who ever is informing him of the southern situation, is about as handy as a wheel on a walking stick.

For a start Thailand is one of the country's that ISIS use as a stepping stone for it's terrorists to head to the bad lands overseas, as the last 4 brothers did from Australia.

• Like 1

"Every country should take a leaf out of Japan's book no radicals allowed in. All muslims should be banned from entering non muslim countries and any members of criminal organizations should be executed thus weeding them out slowly but surly. "

Idea that all muslims are radicals is horse manure. Please cite how Japan keeps all radicals out? Japan has had plenty of home grown extremists... remember Sarin gas attack? Contrary to right wing urban myth, there are Muslims in Japan and mosques. How do you define "non Muslim country"? US Constitution separates out religion from state, so how would it be classed? Not Muslim and not non Muslim. These half baked proposals a bit too similar to Nazi tactic of requiring star of David on all jews. Would you folks be happy if "Buddhist countries" (Thailand for one) banned all non Buddhists from coming? Regarding executions of members of criminal organizations, ever here of Yakuza? They are not Muslims. Execute everyone and let god sort them out. Everyone but me.

• 2 weeks later...

It took a tip from the Israelis to get the bomb-making Saudis ( one of whom blew his own legs off in the escape attempt). Frankly who would know ( perhaps other than the Israelis and the Yanks) what scumbags are entering Thailand with ill intent.

They were Iranian, not Saudi. coffee1.gif