Help in finding a good health insurance

Badrabbit

Hi all, it's time for me too find some health insurance, I have read and gone through what seems like hundreds of tables, my head is about to explode, I'm simply looking for maybe 350/500k of cover per situation, this would include everything from consultation, treatment, possible operation, medicine etc, I'm 58 59 next March, no pre-existing conditions in fact never been ill in my life, I don't smoke, drink in moderation and exercise everyday, is there someone here who can relate too this and point me in the direction of a reputable company, I'm looking at maybe 2/3k Per month, is this possible?

Why such a small amount of cover ? anything serious would be well above that, for your info I have 5m baht of cover for approx 2,300 p/m albeit I am 5 years younger than yourself with a couple of years discount and with a 40,000 baht deductible.

They do a one million bht accident and illness policy that would suit me, think it's about 32000 bht a year, I can only afford about 3k per month, obviously I am hoping I will never become seriously ill, never have been so hopefully never will be.

Keep hoping!

Thanks for the helpful information! I'm looking for health insurance because I Realize that anything can happen to anyway at any time, even though I have never had a problem too date I would now like peace of mind! Edited by Badrabbit

• 2 weeks later...

Keep hoping!

Well I am not too sure just yet who I could recommend but I can tell you one company to avoid and that is A+ International Insurance. Last year I was 60 when I took out a policy with them (through Pacific Prime brokers) and the 1st years Policy was around TB25,000 and after a full year of no claim I hoped for at least no rise in the cost of the policy or even a minimal rise - WRONG - a fraction under NINETY PERCENT was the increase for the second year. I thought it must be a mistake and Pacific Prime went back to A+ for confirmation but I was told to pay up or leave and that's exactly what I did so AVOID A+ like the proverbial plague.

Keep hoping!

Well I am not too sure just yet who I could recommend but I can tell you one company to avoid and that is A+ International Insurance. Last year I was 60 when I took out a policy with them (through Pacific Prime brokers) and the 1st years Policy was around TB25,000 and after a full year of no claim I hoped for at least no rise in the cost of the policy or even a minimal rise - WRONG - a fraction under NINETY PERCENT was the increase for the second year. I thought it must be a mistake and Pacific Prime went back to A+ for confirmation but I was told to pay up or leave and that's exactly what I did so AVOID A+ like the proverbial plague.
That's very bad, the one I am considering is Pacific cross premier, not cheap at 32,466 that is with 20% discount for no OPD you can reduce it further by having a 40k excess which would make it 22,320 thats age 56-60, you also get discount for no claims! I will be going through aa insurance Thailand who are excellent!! Edited by Badrabbit

Couple of points to consider.

The amount of 350K is very little.

Let me give you an example, shoulder surgery, one night in the hospital= 360K, Surgeon fees only 120K< the rest is hospital fees.

So any thing more serious and you have to pay through the nose, a heart attack or a bypass can easily add up to 2 million.

Next thing to consider is that insurance has a max payout per year, then max per incident.

So basically you can not just pick per incident, it must be cover per year(up to certain amount)

If you young and healthy and only want/need it just in case, there are a few cheap plans through AIA or AIG(sorry can not remember) i believe it is, Thai insurance company.

But for real and strong cover you should be looking at Bupa and alike.

AIA also offers good covers, but prices are high, English minimal.

I am with April, and found them to be the easiest to get full "strong" cover.

Bupa, and the rest wanted to increase premiums because i am a smoker, also according to their standards i am over weight(which i am not)

They ask for height and weight and check against their ratio, I have been in bodybuilding for most part of my life, so naturally i am bigger and heavier, but this can not be explained.

April was pretty easy, provided all the info, attached pic and approved with no exclusions.

Anyhow, your other best choice is to go through a broker, do not worry it does not cost more, but easier to narrow it down.

Contact Rainer at http://www.globalinsurancethailand.com/

Great guy with extensive knowledge of the industry and can help in making right decisions in all aspects.

Edited by konying