Surat Thani Shows Potential To Be Oil Palm Production Hub

Jai Dee

Surat Thani shows potential to be oil palm production hub

The southern province of Surat Thani has great potential to be oil palm production hub.

Jumpol Laikosit (จุมพล ไลยโฆษิต), chairman of Surat Thani Chamber of Commerce, said the province still has plenty of land for expansion of oil palm plantations. It also has a deep sea port which facilitates transports of the crop to other areas of the country.

Li Chong Thai, manager of Thaksin Palm (1971) Co. Ltd. urged the government to promote oil palm planting in Surat Thani. He said the province should be developed into a palm city because it also has an oil palm research centre.

Oil palm is largely needed for the production of bio-diesel.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 07 August 2006

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good. Surat Thani has the port and rail. Lots of opportunity for oil palm production. They have a research facility? I would hope that they would share what they know with the rest of us. I see some pretty poor practices north of Sarat Thani. I think they need some outward bound ag. techs. to pass on the message. With the price of rubber there has to be an incentive to plant oil palm. Where can you find the price palm oil fruit is selling for?

• 2 years later...
Sounds good. Surat Thani has the port and rail. Lots of opportunity for oil palm production. They have a research facility? I would hope that they would share what they know with the rest of us. I see some pretty poor practices north of Sarat Thani. I think they need some outward bound ag. techs. to pass on the message. With the price of rubber there has to be an incentive to plant oil palm. Where can you find the price palm oil fruit is selling for?

Hi this Jeffrey Man,

I would like to share with all those who is involve in Oil Palm plantation a nutrient to increase yield of fruits with 50% to 300% at the same time to promote healthier trees. To know more please do not hesitate to email me at [email protected]

Regards,

Jeffrey