have you got everything ready?

pigeonjake

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How and when do Thai people celebrate Christmas?

maybe the 1.2% that are Christian. Don't know how they do it, but Im assuming it would be on December 25th. Most christians in Thailand aren't Ethnic Thais but instead belong to various hill tribes. Although, I have heard that Mukdahan as a relatively large population of Christians, so apparently there are some Ethnic Thai/Lao Christians out there, but few and far between

Spend time with kids and family and go for the trip around thailand.

That's very nice when a mother can set time aside to take the children on a holiday -- spending some quality time together. Hope the little ones get to see and hear from daddy too, occasionally. (Not allowing them this, will usually not be good for most children.)

Enjoy your holiday and have a nice time. Season's greetings.

Edited by Morakot

Gets a bit tiring when two people who don't live in Thailand keep posting Xmas threads.

Why not post in a local forum?

I understand you are both bored and lonely, but please stop boring us.

Maybe the mods could combine all these non-Thailand Xmas threads into one.

Or close all but one.

Edited by BritManToo

Try to have a Christmas when it falls on a weekend, but on a weekday it is up at 5.30, tea and a cig, get the kids up, feed them, make them shower and clean teeth, drive to school and back, tea and cig, breakfast etc. We have a tree and presents, but the children are Buddhist, so no talk of the meaning of Christmas. I had a tin of turkey spam, but it has been eaten. Nasty stuff, the children loved it.

However and whenever they can extract money from it.

Christmas means nothing to 98% of Thais but they will turn Pattaya into the most gaudy, over decorated, tacky sh.. hole if it extracts more cash from the visitors.

Some answers (seeing is believing)

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=christmas+in+thailand&qpvt=christmas+in+thailand&FORM=IGRE

Thai people are sort of into it....and do not worry too much about the real meaning....just have fun.

Sort of like most westerners.

How and when do you celebrate Buddhist holidays in your home country?

Edited by slipperylobster

Everyone back home were gob smacked I was going to leave the country to live in Thailand before Xmas.

I couldn't think of a better place to be! As far away as possible. Hot (Australia), expensive and hard work

Same here. When I left in to live in Thailand in late November a few years ago the family had a fit. How could you leave just before Christmas? How could you be so uncaring? I answered quite matter of factly that the "family" had not gotten together as a group in several years, and when we did get together it was usually a very awkward scene. The last Christmas holiday I was back home I had to visit four different groups of "family" who had issues with each other. I was the only one who had no issues with any of them. To be honest, I am ecstatic that I won't be there for the holiday or the snow!

• Like 1

Christmas means nothing to 98% of Thais but they will turn Pattaya into the most gaudy, over decorated, tacky sh.. hole if it extracts more cash from the visitors.

yup only the Thais do that. Christmas it's all about good will toward men and not gaudy or commercialized in the western world.

Take a trip up to Chiang Mai....nice, cool weather. Try some mountain resort, far away from that scene. Enjoy a nice dinner, go for a nature walk. Who wants to be on Walking Street on Christmas Eve? Sounds awful

If and how they so choose....or not

You must be assuming that there are no Christians in Thailand...and those Christian churches (that do exist) are just mirages.

ill add to this to,

my wife celabrates christmas with me because im british and love christmas, so see the kids wow at the tree and lights,

just the same as i go to the temple with her when its big budda days and the like,,,,its called being married and doing things together to make each other happy,,,,

• Like 1

Spend time with kids and family and go for the trip around thailand.

That's very nice when a mother can set time aside to take the children on a holiday -- spending some quality time together. Hope the little ones get to see and hear from daddy too, occasionally. (Not allowing them this, will usually not be good for most children.)

Enjoy your holiday and have a nice time. Season's greetings.

Thanks but i didnt expect that you will talk about that nasty guy who break my family again. He will never touch or see my kids like i said while I am still alive or die the result is the same. No matter what.

:-)

Dear Morakot,

may I suggest you simply accept that your bf or husband was fed up of his family and went to Thailand for a new life?

Thailand is a wonderful country for kids, too.

Mate ... Morakot is a friend of mine.

You don't know him, but if you get the opportunity, do take the time.

Top Bloke ... leads a productive life in Thailand.

Well paid and very well respected ... I'm almost jealous.

Hahahaha.Turn Pattaya into gaudy, tacky?.....you mean more than normal? :-)

there is no x-mas in Thailand and i dont miss that either.

there is at our house,, and thats in thailand

We are going to celebrate. Yes sir...we are in Thailand. Plenty of farangs here...look around. Tourists everywhere, as well as expats. There certainly will be a Christmas. Ole Saint Nick is coming.

• Like 1

Thanks but i didnt expect that you will talk about that nasty guy who break my family again. He will never touch or see my kids like i said while I am still alive or die the result is the same. No matter what.

So the feelings of hatred haven't gone away, have they? blink.png

Another contender for the most ridiculous post of the year. Now this one really has a good chance of winning.

Whenever I read negative crap like this ... I always look at the authors content.

Has the member been a wordsmith, a Shakesphere amonst our ranks and thus allowed to look humbly down upon we mere plebs.

Cough ... thejcb ... one OP ... here it is ... February this Year.

I am arriving on March 1st, to stay 1 month (so must offer monthly rates), so looking for NICE, comfortable place to stay inside the square. Guesthouse or Hotel with parking and wifi.

<snip>

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706038-accommodation-needed-inside-chiang-mai-square/

Crawl back under your log.

Come back out when you have something constructive to say.

I am so happy you managed to crawl out of your cave and got somebody to read this for you.

By the way did you get the same person to scribble your drivel too.

You have supported my argument.,

I use ThaiVisa to obtain information about whatever. However, of course, I got very little response from my question.

I infer that most are happy to scribble rubbish. I notice that very little information is ever given out.

How many of you whilst getting ready from "Christmas" will actually celebrate what the day is actually for ?

Ie. Jesus's birthday and Christianity.

Or will most of you just imbibe vast amounts of alcohol and then stuff ridiculous amounts of food down your cakeholes. You can do this anytime.

Why use December 25th for this UNLESS you go to Church and celebrate His birthday ?

As I already stated, another offering with a very good chance of wnning this years "Most Ridiculous Post" competition.

So the feelings of hatred haven't gone away, have they? blink.png

Whats your point to start to talk about this? Because its my real life and you just want to make him laughing at me.?

You known my answer why still keep poked me. Ok. Now I am doing great with my carreer and kids but I still never forget what happened that day. If you dont tell him i wish he will read every words i meant about him in this forum. RIP OTO.

How many of you whilst getting ready from "Christmas" will actually celebrate what the day is actually for ?

Ie. Jesus's birthday and Christianity.

Or will most of you just imbibe vast amounts of alcohol and then stuff ridiculous amounts of food down your cakeholes. You can do this anytime.

Why use December 25th for this UNLESS you go to Church and celebrate His birthday ?

As I already stated, another offering with a very good chance of wnning this years "Most Ridiculous Post" competition.

Let us all join our hands and give thanks for such a wonderful post ... wai.gif

35nuvbJ.gif

People celebrate for religious purposes, sure....but don't you dare take the fun out of having a Tree, Stocking stuffers, presents, and old Saint Nicholas. It can be both....that is the way my family done in. Christmas Eve was just like the "Christmas Story"...at grandma's house. Nobody was beating us with bibles making us give up the happy season. We did go to midnight mass. But, we had a good hoot n hollerin xmas eve just before that. Big dinner, family in the living room, opening presents on Christmas Eve. Then the mass, then sleep late. Our family dispersed on Christmas for visits with inlaws, cousins, etc....so we did it the Night Before Christmas...

Edited by slipperylobster