Thai Court accepts trial of 'Men in Black' perpetrators during anti govt rallies in 2010

webfact

Court accepts trial of 'Men in Black' perpetrators during anti government rallies in 2010

5-12-2557-13-41-31-wpcf_728x395.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court has accepted for trial five members of the so-called "Men in Black" group for their violent attacks at anti-government rallies in the capital in 2010.

The first hearing was set on December 8 at 9.00 am.

ัThe five suspects are Kittisak Sumsri, 45, Preecha or Kaitia Yooyen, 24, Ronarit or Na Suricha, 33, Chamnan ornLek Pakichai, 45, and Mrs Punika or Orn Choosri, 39.

They were charged with carrying war weapon which included M79 grenade launchers, M16, AK 47 and HK 33 assault rifles into the capital, and used them against anti- government protesters gathering at the Democracy monument on April 10, 2010.

The state prosecutor said they were arrested on September 10 last year and detained pending court trial.

But the prosecutor said all the suspects denied the charges during the interrogation process, and asked the court to punish them in accordance with the serious crimes they committed.

After hearing the charges and looking through the supporting evidence, the court accepted the case for trial and set December 8 as the first date for hearing of the charges and asking if the suspects wanting to plead guilty or deny them.

(Photo : Thai PBS File )

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/court-accepts-trial-men-black-perpetrators-anti-government-rallies-2010

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-05

• Like 2

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been that many anti government demonstrations. 2010 I believe was red shirt rally season. Correct me by all means. Was it not the defence of many a misguided fool on here that the army were ok in there over the top reaponse and killing 90+ people because the red shirts were using men dressed in black.

They were charged with carrying war weapon which included M79 grenade launchers, M16, AK 47 and HK 33 assault rifles into the capital, and used them against anti- government protesters gathering at the Democracy monument on April 10, 2010.

Have I just got this all mixed up and its me who is the misguided fool

The army didn't kill 90+ people. The red shirt militia killed some of them.

Is it an over the top response to go in armed the same as the armed protesters?

edit: but your highlighted point is most likely an editing mistake.

Links to how many the red shirt militia killed. The biggest crux of many arguments here was that the army were justified in a heavy response because of things like the men in black were shooting at them. From this reports it would appear the men in black were batting for the khakis or the incumbent government ie...Democrats

There has been that many anti government demonstrations. 2010 I believe was red shirt rally season. Correct me by all means. Was it not the defence of many a misguided fool on here that the army were ok in there over the top reaponse and killing 90+ people because the red shirts were using men dressed in black.

Have I just got this all mixed up and its me who is the misguided fool

The army didn't kill 90+ people. The red shirt militia killed some of them.

Is it an over the top response to go in armed the same as the armed protesters?

edit: but your highlighted point is most likely an editing mistake.

Links to how many the red shirt militia killed. The biggest crux of many arguments here was that the army were justified in a heavy response because of things like the men in black were shooting at them. From this reports it would appear the men in black were batting for the khakis or the incumbent government ie...Democrats

You're basing your argument on this one newspaper report with an obvious error??

I know exactly what I am doing. The incident was where the six officers died in a grenade attack....funny how the Dems were in power for a long time after the rally but could never prove who did it. Most likely outcome was that another part of the military pulled the pin, tossed and watched it escalate. Desired effect achieved

The scapegoats (or patsies) are at the front wearing the red ribbons (lest they be confused with the other Police), whilst the masterminds/organizers are the ones in uniform ...

Probably a former police colonel how flee country few years ago whistling.gif

Wonder if the good general will pursue the murder of a nurse in the temple grounds with such gusto.

Sorry mate, no political gains to be made from that one!!coffee1.gif

Hasn't it already been determined that the army did it and the army can't be held accountable for it?

• Like 1

. . . the prosecutor said all the suspects denied the charges during the interrogation process, and asked the court to punish them in accordance with the serious crimes they committed.

Ugh? Can somebody (other than a Thai journalist) explain what this means, please.

• Like 2

"But the prosecutor said all the suspects denied the charges during the interrogation process, and asked the court to punish them in accordance with the serious crimes they committed."

Forgive me if I've got this wrong but......exactly who is asking the court to punish them? The prosecutor or the suspects?

facepalm.gifsmile.pngwai.gif

. . . the prosecutor said all the suspects denied the charges during the interrogation process, and asked the court to punish them in accordance with the serious crimes they committed.

Ugh? Can somebody (other than a Thai journalist) explain what this means, please.

"But the prosecutor said all the suspects denied the charges during the interrogation process, and asked the court to punish them in accordance with the serious crimes they committed."

Forgive me if I've got this wrong but......exactly who is asking the court to punish them? The prosecutor or the suspects?

I expect it should read:

But the prosecutor said "all the suspects denied the charges during the interrogation process", and then the prosecutor asked the court "to punish them in accordance with the serious crimes they committed."

• Like 1

and of course NO military personal has been charged with the slaughter of 90+ peaceful protestors taking refuge in a temple compound and throughout the protest areas. Remember, these protestors where fighting for the return of freedom and democracy and yet this yellow shirt backed fascist junta is witch hunting and scape goats they can get their hands on. The reason these suspects have full face masks on is because they have just been "interrogated" by the military (the ones wearing black with guns in the photo).

• Like 1

The scapegoats (or patsies) are at the front wearing the red ribbons (lest they be confused with the other Police), whilst the masterminds/organizers are the ones in uniform ...

nonsence these people were protected by the previous government. They fired at the army and started all the bloodshed

• Like 1

and of course NO military personal has been charged with the slaughter of 90+ peaceful protestors taking refuge in a temple compound and throughout the protest areas. Remember, these protestors where fighting for the return of freedom and democracy and yet this yellow shirt backed fascist junta is witch hunting and scape goats they can get their hands on. The reason these suspects have full face masks on is because they have just been "interrogated" by the military (the ones wearing black with guns in the photo).

parotting the same old red shirt properganda

• Like 1