Pattaya Man Reportedly Shot For Chasing Tourist-Robbing Teenagers

Lite Beer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say again. There should be a 7PM curfew for all Thai males who are not in gainful employment.

I never understand this kind of thinking. What if they are going for an interview for a job that is at night? Going to a family member to get food or money for food. Let's say this happens, then let's impose curfew on all foreigners drunk and might have bad thoughts that can lead to illegal activities. Then make it 6 p.m. then curfew for people with less than 1 million baht in savings, or bad health, etc....

there also should be a ban on everyone coming to thailand who doesn't have their life in complete order.

so easy to throw stones..

- Even if it was the law, can you see the BiB enforcing it ? They barely leave the station at night unless it's to shake drunks down on their way back from WS.

- If this was your home country or mine, I could see your point - classic right-wing 'solution' is to limit people's freedom etc - but techically we are no longer living in a democracy so I guess he felt it was time to run it up the flagpole again

- job interview ? Are you serious ? The factory gates open at 7am, not 7pm, and convenience stores are open 24/7 - I've even seen a 'Help Wanted' ad at McDonalds here in Pattaya, all neatly laid out in English with salaries that were better than I expected. If Thailand really does have 'full employment', many of these kids are either unemployable or unwilling to turn up for the 12-hour days many Thas are forced to work.

As for banning everyone coming to Thailand who doesnt have their life in complete order, I think many here viewed the visa crackdown as precisely that and it was warmly welcomed. I guess it comes down to how you view someone who is working illegally on back-to-back Tourist visas or 30-day exemptions - Satan's spawn or just another Thailand addict who'll do anything to prolong their stay in this country.

About the "full employment". It is better to be at work in an AC cooled store then the gutter most of them live in. Many of them are pimps and have a GF working for them. Praise the Lord

This is a big problem here, many of them carry guns

We have a saying. "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns."

It is a saying but not thinking. In the US where guns are not outlawed you see thousands murdered by private guns, more than everywhere else in the world. So stop just repeating stupid sayings and start thinking.

Wrong. Thailand's gun murder rate per capita is far higher than the US. It's about ten times as high. It's the 4th highest in the world. LINK

This thinking of yours is what happens when you're indoctrinated into thinking with your emotions. I would far rather be armed and able to defend myself than to have only criminals armed. Thais are dangerous. Avoid conflict at all costs.

The crime rate in Australia supposedly also increased dramatically since only the criminals have guns now.

• Like 1

I say again. There should be a 7PM curfew for all Thai males who are not in gainful employment.

I never understand this kind of thinking. What if they are going for an interview for a job that is at night? Going to a family member to get food or money for food. Let's say this happens, then let's impose curfew on all foreigners drunk and might have bad thoughts that can lead to illegal activities. Then make it 6 p.m. then curfew for people with less than 1 million baht in savings, or bad health, etc....

there also should be a ban on everyone coming to thailand who doesn't have their life in complete order.

so easy to throw stones..

Where else do u want the Western trash to go for holiday and retirement??

So it would appear the Army running the Country has made No difference to the amount of Armed Violence.in Pattaya

Pity. Well done to the Thai couple . Pity they became Victims when only trying to assist

Hope the shooter is captured soon

coffee1.gif

Where can I get a gun permit in Pattaya??

I have no clue. But, there is a Thai gun magazine with hundreds of private classifieds to buy weapons. It would surprise me when the seller's would ask for a license or proper identification.

It is a saying but not thinking. In the US where guns are not outlawed you see thousands murdered by private guns, more than everywhere else in the world. So stop just repeating stupid sayings and start thinking.

Wrong. Thailand's gun murder rate per capita is far higher than the US. It's about ten times as high. It's the 4th highest in the world. LINK

This thinking of yours is what happens when you're indoctrinated into thinking with your emotions. I would far rather be armed and able to defend myself than to have only criminals armed. Thais are dangerous. Avoid conflict at all costs.

Your link is from 2002 back when Thailand's death rates spiked, primarily attributable to it's fight on drugs. http://www.unodc.org/documents/gsh/pdfs/2014_GLOBAL_HOMICIDE_BOOK_web.pdf The USA does lead the planet in several aspects though. Violent crime#1. Total crime#1. Rate of guns per 100 is 88. Executions and percentage of populace incarcerated, the USA is #1 by a wide margin. The most recent statistics provided from your source-Nation Master. Link http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/United-States/Crime

Your link is from 2002 back when Thailand's death rates spiked, primarily attributable to it's fight on drugs. http://www.unodc.org/documents/gsh/pdfs/2014_GLOBAL_HOMICIDE_BOOK_web.pdf The USA does lead the planet in several aspects though. Violent crime#1. Total crime#1. Rate of guns per 100 is 88. Executions and percentage of populace incarcerated, the USA is #1 by a wide margin. The most recent statistics provided from your source-Nation Master. Link http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/United-States/Crime

Over 60% of gun related deaths in the US are suicides.