2010 crackdown: Late nurse's kin released without charge

webfact

Late nurse's kin released without charge
The Nation

30249562-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- The mother and brother of the late Kamolked Akhard were released by police without any charges after they rallied at Wat Pathum Wannaram against Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who played a role in the 2010 crackdown on red-shirt protesters.

Phayao and Natthapat, the mother and brother of Kamolked - a nurse who was among the six people shot dead at the temple - held a symbolic protest to mark the fourth anniversary of the shooting.

The mother washed military uniforms near the temple's gate as a symbolic gesture, before reading out the August 13 Criminal Court verdict that said soldiers manning the BTS station on Rama I Road were guilty of the killings. Nobody has been punished for the temple killings so far.

In 2010, Prayut was part of the Centre for Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES), which sent out troops to control the crowds. However, the names of the soldiers responsible for killing protesters were never released.

The mother and son were only able to spend about 10 minutes at the temple before they were taken to the Pathumwan Police Station.

Phayao told reporters that her intention was only to inquire about the progress in the case and seek justice for victims, not protest against the military's ruling National Council for Peace and Order. She said she did not believe Prayut's claim that he had evidence about the six people killed in the temple.

"If he did have evidence, then it would have been used in court. The case of Prayut's own subordinate, General Romklao Thuwatham, has not progressed either."

She also said that she was unhappy about recent comments Prayut made about the incident.

Both mother and son were interrogated for about 10 minutes before being released without any charges.

Lt-Colonel Panom Chuathong, deputy superintendent of Pathumwan Police Station, said Phayao did not break any laws, but she has been asked to go directly to appropriate officials to push for the case to be expedited.

Panom also said Phayao would be allowed to host a birthday party for her husband near Democracy Monument, provided the event was a personal one and did not implicate a third party.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Late-nurses-kin-released-without-charge-30249562.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-11

• Like 1

The people in power have too many skeletons .. but at least they are not invoking the full power of Martial Law.

And the "skeletons" are not just an expression here. Who remembers all the human bones, which fishermen found in their nets in Satthahip?

Divers found various containers, but all in a sudden they disappeared. Better not writing more, wanna live a few more years and not rotting in a container.facepalm.gif

So "apparent evidence against the six victims was not presented in court nor has it been made available to family's of the victims,

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck.....

Lets call a spade a spade, the soldiers were given orders to shoot with live rounds NOT blanks...

many people were killed civilians, protesters, innocents that were trying to help others, reporters, generals who supported the wrong color,

almost 5 years now and what? justice should be for all not just for those that support the preferred faction.

Get it done.

once the guns come out it then becomes like a war zone, all the people in that zone are aware of the risks

I personally believe that gun men fled into the temple area after engaging the army, this nurse although I believe innocent was right in the middle of it, should she have been there ? well I'm sure if she knew what was going to happen (the reds shooting at the authorities) she would have likely stayed at home

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So "apparent evidence against the six victims was not presented in court nor has it been made available to family's of the victims,

Lets call a spade a spade, the soldiers were given orders to shoot with live rounds NOT blanks...

many people were killed civilians, protesters, innocents that were trying to help others, reporters, generals who supported the wrong color,

almost 5 years now and what? justice should be for all not just for those that support the preferred faction.

Get it done.

once the guns come out it then becomes like a war zone, all the people in that zone are aware of the risks

I personally believe that gun men fled into the temple area after engaging the army, this nurse although I believe innocent was right in the middle of it, should she have been there ? well I'm sure if she knew what was going to happen (the reds shooting at the authorities) she would have likely stayed at home

Here you go twisting the story so now it's the girls fault for being there. She was a nurse she was helping people. shame on you.

actually I am not blaming her at all, I know exactly were the blame lies - she is an innocent victim as are quite a few that were killed in 2010, and just to take the guess work out of it for you I don't blame the army either

An honest Thai showing the correct way to protest. Well done Khun Phayao. Very deserving of justice for your Army butchered daughter but will never receive, the same as the family of Colonel Romklao will never see for his murder at the hands of Thaksin's thugs.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

An honest Thai showing the correct way to protest. Well done Khun Phayao. Very deserving of justice for your Army butchered daughter but will never receive, the same as the family of Colonel Romklao will never see for his murder at the hands of Thaksin's thugs.

I wonder who received more in compensation from the government, the Colonel family (who was promoted to General Rank) or the family of the nurse who was murdered at the hands of the Army thugs. Also where is their leader to take the responsible?

Get it done.

typical 'defend the indefensible' from you, this was a NURSE who was helping people, show some respect

I wonder who received more in compensation from the government, the Colonel family (who was promoted to General Rank) or the family of the nurse who was murdered at the hands of the Army thugs. Also where is their leader to take the responsible?

Interesting question.

BTW the Colonel's family wasn't promoted, only the dead colonel. No idea about compensation, if any. The man did his work as soldier.

As for the family of the nurse, well they got 7.75 million Baht after signing documents not to sue the (Yingluck) government.

""I talked to her and she agreed to accept the payment and not take this government to court," Yongyuth said."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Govt-compensation-met-with-anger-sadness-30182791.html

Interesting question.

BTW the Colonel's family wasn't promoted, only the dead colonel. No idea about compensation, if any. The man did his work as soldier.

As for the family of the nurse, well they got 7.75 million Baht after signing documents not to sue the (Yingluck) government.

""I talked to her and she agreed to accept the payment and not take this government to court," Yongyuth said."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Govt-compensation-met-with-anger-sadness-30182791.html

What a stupid remark of course the Colonel family wasn't promoted, why try to twist what I said?

Interesting question.

What a stupid remark of course the Colonel family wasn't promoted, why try to twist what I said?

You wrote

"the Colonel family (who was promoted to General Rank)"

The part of nurse's family is much better

"the family of the nurse who was murdered"

Anyway, it would seem you're trying to distract from the article I pointed to

Edited by rubl