A-one Royal Cruise Hotel

trales9

:o can anyone help me ,i have just booked the said hotel(a-one royal cruise hotel) for 3 weeks 22/12to 11/01 ,me ,wife and two teenagers 18/16 (the wife has always wanted to go to thailand)i would be gratefull any info good or bad about this hotel ie position /food/rooms/etc ,we are open minded and will have a good holiday in pattaya whatever /trales9

The hotel is reviewed here:

http://hotelclub.com/Hotel-Discounts/Disco...e_Hotel_Pattaya

It received a rating of only 2.85 out of 5, which is not good. Here is one of the reviews:

Very dated indeed. The whole hotel can only be described as tacky and old. The rooms are dingy and lighting is awful, you can''t even see to have a bath properly. The breakfast was awful. The staff seem to be made up of giggling girls, which is fun at first but soon becomes tiresome. The pool area is ok, but they have zero loungers around the second pool, which is the nicest! The air conditioning in the room is a joke. Fixtures and fittings are just terrible. You will feel like you have walked into a run down 1960''s hotel! Definitely one to avoid (I am quite easily pleased, so these comments should really mean something).

Good luck

It received a rating of only 2.85 out of 5, which is not good. Here is one of the reviews:

Very dated indeed. The whole hotel can only be described as tacky and old. The rooms are dingy and lighting is awful, you can''t even see to have a bath properly. The breakfast was awful. The staff seem to be made up of giggling girls, which is fun at first but soon becomes tiresome. The pool area is ok, but they have zero loungers around the second pool, which is the nicest! The air conditioning in the room is a joke. Fixtures and fittings are just terrible. You will feel like you have walked into a run down 1960''s hotel! Definitely one to avoid (I am quite easily pleased, so these comments should really mean something).

Good luck

Good luck

thanks charma for the info ihave read some bad and some good reports the better ones seem to be about the new wing (thats where i am staying ) so i will take the rough with the smooth / thanks again

trales - don't know who you booked thru, but if you go onto the asiarooms.com

site and link thru to pattaya and find the royal cruise hotel you will find about

40 reviews from latest guests. Most seem to find the hotel Ok, said it was more

family oriented, if mostly full of chinese coach parties. Most seemed to bitch about

the 1,000 bht a night they charged to take in ladyfriend, so at least you will have

peace and quite on that front. The review printed here does not seem to reflect

what in fact is a relatively modern hotel. I checked it out last time I was in

pattaya and considered booking for my next trip, then I came across the reviews

which mentioned the 1,000 bht fines - wo get me outa here!

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the A-1 once, and will not again. It is not the most comfortable hotel. Worse, it is not close to either the sky train or the subway. It is not that easy to get cabs to/from there.

If you want a great comfortable hotel at reasonable prices try

(1) Dynasty Grand on Sukumvite Soi 6, at about Baht 2,500 per night. It has very new, very clean rooms. and free access to the web in your room (if you bring your own computer). It is close to the sky train, and very very clean. The phone number through August is +66 2 255 1333. On Sep 1, Thailand will be adding an "8" to all of its phone numbers, so starting Sep 1 the phone number will be +66 82 255 1333. I have stayed at the Dynasty Grand about 7 times. The staff are very nice.

(2) Majestic which is direct on Sukumvite, near the corner of Soi 4. The rooms are very clean, but smaller than the Dynasty Grand. It is very close to the sky train. As I recall the rooms are in the range of Baht 2,000 per night. Their phone number through August 2006 is +66 2 656 8213. Starting on 1 Sep 2006, their phone number will be +66 82 656 8213. The staff are very nice.

:D can anyone help me ,i have just booked the said hotel(a-one royal cruise hotel) for 3 weeks 22/12to 11/01 ,me ,wife and two teenagers 18/16 (the wife has always wanted to go to thailand)i would be gratefull any info good or bad about this hotel ie position /food/rooms/etc ,we are open minded and will have a good holiday in pattaya whatever /trales9

Hi,

Glad you have chosen to holiday in Pattaya and I hope you have a wonderful time here. I only know this hotel from the outside as I have passed it many times. Don't be put off by bad reports as they can always be misleading. A hotel I regular stay at in Bangkok got a real slating by some but I find the place excelent. Also remember that Thailand gets visiters from all around the world so you will be rubbing shoulders with people who don't speak English and whose customs may be different to those we are used to in the West.

The A1 hotel is IMO in a good location. Being towards the north end of Beach road it tends to be a little quieter yet only a 5 ( 10 ) baht ride from the main shopping area and Walking Street. You'll find the local taxis ( song taews/baht buses ) are so frequent, you'll only have to wait seconds for the next one. On Beach Rd. the buses /taxis run north to south so when you return you'll have to catch one on 2nd. Rd. which runs parallel with Beach Rd. and is joined by side roads/sois. These are one way, odd nos. run away from the beach, even nos. towards the beach. Some drivers have difficulty with this one way system, so always look both ways :o

The beach is right across the road from the hotel and is OK if you only want to sit and relax. If you want a better day at the beach then go and get the ferry from the pier at the south end of Walking St. and go to Koh Larn, the island you can see across the bay. There you will find baht buses to take you to several beaches, the one I like most is Samae. Food, drink, showers and changing facilities are all there and the sand and sea are much cleaner. Check the times of the ferry so you can get back before they stop running. You can also take a speedboat to the island from Pattaya but beware of the cost and the fact they only usually take you to one particular beach on the island.

Your hotel is also a short walk from 2nd.rd. where you'll find the Festival Centre with a shopping and cinema complex. There's also 10 pin bowling and lots of bars and restaurants close by.

Well, that's just a bit about Pattaya, if you need any more info feel free to ask. Have a great time.

Actually the A1 is not a bad choice for a family friendly environment, it's on the other end of the beach so it's fairly quiet and away from the riff raft.

Being a theme property it's somewhere between Gilligan's Island and the Love Boat,

I stay there occasionally as they always seem to have a room no matter how busy the season, but it's on the high end as far as rates go.

Enjoy your visit to LOS, :o

:D can anyone help me ,i have just booked the said hotel(a-one royal cruise hotel) for 3 weeks 22/12to 11/01 ,me ,wife and two teenagers 18/16 (the wife has always wanted to go to thailand)i would be gratefull any info good or bad about this hotel ie position /food/rooms/etc ,we are open minded and will have a good holiday in pattaya whatever /trales9

Hi,

Glad you have chosen to holiday in Pattaya and I hope you have a wonderful time here. I only know this hotel from the outside as I have passed it many times. Don't be put off by bad reports as they can always be misleading. A hotel I regular stay at in Bangkok got a real slating by some but I find the place excelent. Also remember that Thailand gets visiters from all around the world so you will be rubbing shoulders with people who don't speak English and whose customs may be different to those we are used to in the West.

The A1 hotel is IMO in a good location. Being towards the north end of Beach road it tends to be a little quieter yet only a 5 ( 10 ) baht ride from the main shopping area and Walking Street. You'll find the local taxis ( song taews/baht buses ) are so frequent, you'll only have to wait seconds for the next one. On Beach Rd. the buses /taxis run north to south so when you return you'll have to catch one on 2nd. Rd. which runs parallel with Beach Rd. and is joined by side roads/sois. These are one way, odd nos. run away from the beach, even nos. towards the beach. Some drivers have difficulty with this one way system, so always look both ways :o

The beach is right across the road from the hotel and is OK if you only want to sit and relax. If you want a better day at the beach then go and get the ferry from the pier at the south end of Walking St. and go to Koh Larn, the island you can see across the bay. There you will find baht buses to take you to several beaches, the one I like most is Samae. Food, drink, showers and changing facilities are all there and the sand and sea are much cleaner. Check the times of the ferry so you can get back before they stop running. You can also take a speedboat to the island from Pattaya but beware of the cost and the fact they only usually take you to one particular beach on the island.

Your hotel is also a short walk from 2nd.rd. where you'll find the Festival Centre with a shopping and cinema complex. There's also 10 pin bowling and lots of bars and restaurants close by.

Well, that's just a bit about Pattaya, if you need any more info feel free to ask. Have a great time.

thanks /monsieurhappy for your reply ,and everybodyelse who have replied ,all your info is much appreciated /trales9