Bangkok school makes late students rub their knees on concrete

webfact

Bangkok school makes late students rub their knees on concrete
By Coconuts Bangkok

ps1.jpg
Photos: Dek-D

BANGKOK: -- Young students at a Khlong Toei-area school are being punished for tardiness by being made to crawl to their building on the concrete floor as seen in photos shared online.

Photos of students' bruised knees sparked a controversy on Twitter and teen forum Dek-D, with most people expressing their disapproval of the punishment methods.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/12/12/bangkok-school-makes-late-students-rub-their-knees-concrete

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-12-12

• Like 1

Misleading headline....

TV is taking lessons from Yahoo!rolleyes.gif

PS for the kids

If you're going to be late, wear pants or carry knee pads with you.w00t.gif

--------------------

Students must wear their school uniforms. They can not wear pants nor done knee pads.

I'm not surprised to hear this. Did you know a school can be heavily fined or even closed if too many students show up late?

That is a lot of unnecessary pressure coming from higher up in the line.

What's really funny is at Matayom schools, once the kids are in the school, nobody makes sure they even go to class.

• Like 1

Misleading headline....

PS for the kids

Just refuse to crawl. If they manhandle you, that is child abuse for sure and there will be many witnesses. I don't think the teacher or assistant director will use a choke hold to take the kids down, do you?

Wonder what Thai parents of children involved will do?

• Like 1

Not one mention of protecting the rights and nurturing the youth of Thailand in the Generals 12 steps. Maybe he could have got the first one from AA. And Wisdom to know the difference?

Why subject children to such barbaric treatment? And the Generals 12 values do not protect children from such treatment.

Misleading headline....

PS for the kids

Just refuse to crawl. If they manhandle you, that is child abuse for sure and there will be many witnesses. I don't think the teacher or assistant director will use a choke hold to take the kids down, do you?

Wonder what Thai parents of children involved will do?

----------

These are children. They would never disobey the order of a teacher.

Not one mention of protecting the rights and nurturing the youth of Thailand in the Generals 12 steps. Maybe he could have got the first one from AA. And Wisdom to know the difference?

Why subject children to such barbaric treatment? And the Generals 12 values do not protect children from such treatment.

I've heard mention of these '12 values' before. What are they? ANyone know where there is a list?

imagine it will be a generation or two before this cave-man style attitude and corresponding behaviour can be educated out of them.

Education.... there is no other viable solution. It takes time.

Their educators need to be re educated and taught to think.

Reminds me on 'Hell freezes over'

I am sure these intelligent teachers are waiting at the end of the knee drag to clean the wounds with the appropriate medicine to ensure there is no infection.

Honestly, you have to wonder about the intelligence of these teachers. It is one thing to discipline but torture or causing such harm with the risk of infection which could lead to all kinds of medical problems. For example, a child not having tetanus protection and ends up dieing. Then the teacher would be saying, not my fault ... it is karma!!!

I think, if a teacher did this to one of my children in my country, then I would be in police custody for manslaughter!

Just saying....

coffee1.gif

I had no idea canning was banned in 1999, I used to see it every day at the school I was teaching at. blink.png

In fact every teacher carried one including myself, but in my case it was to rap on the desk or whiteboard

in order to get their attention. Foreign teachers are not allowed to hit the students, that's reserved for the

Thai teachers only and they students are well aware of that.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

with most people expressing their disapproval - and the others who do approve should be made to do the same, as with the head teacher of this despicable school

Well it one was my child I would make a private visit to the person who did this and then, well you know the rest

Edited by givenall

It really makes no sense to me to read beyond the article (respect to posters).

Without any comment by the Ministry of Education, or any direct action taken by the so-called guardians, this is a moot point.

The Ministry of Education makes the decisions about the schools, and the parents make the decisions abut their kids.

Both are negligent, but neither are doing anything about it, so, ... who cares?

Next!...