Does your type of Visa matter when buying a car...

mikey88

You just need the Certificate of Residence from Immgration, or WP, or Yellow Tabian Baan. No problem with Non-O or Tourist.

A while ago I went to Immigration asking for the Certificate of residence, telling them that I planned to sell my car and buy a new one. I had to come back after 2 days and they gave me 2 letters mentioning that I was allowed to buy/sell a car. This wasn't the "Certificate" I was asking for but however...wai2.gif

The land transportation office just needs to get your paper work done before your Visa Expires. I should say paper work. You will have to do it all over if they screw up. Your address certificate is only good for 30 days.

Honda did not get my paper work in soon enough and had to do it all over again. Still have not got my plates. Purchased back in June.

The land transportation office just needs to get your paper work done before your Visa Expires. I should say paper work. You will have to do it all over if they screw up. Your address certificate is only good for 30 days.

Honda did not get my paper work in soon enough and had to do it all over again. Still have not got my plates. Purchased back in June.

Have you chased up Honda. Got my plates within 3 months. I was told it took that long only because I wanted plates from Bangkok, not from the province where I reside. If from the same province, 1 month.

Usually they require 3 months visa for new cars and scooters/mc. Thats because it takes about 2-3 months until your purchased vehicle is registered. Mine took 7 months smile.png

Usually no requirements about visa when buying second hand but residence certificate and that you can get anywhere.