Bangkok: Japanese man found hanged in Silom condo room

webfact

62-year-old Japanese man found hanged in Silom condo room

BANGKOK: -- A Japanese man was found hung inside a room on the 14th floor of Diamond Tower on Soi Silom 7 at 3 am Thursday, police said, adding that it was an apparent suicide.

He was identified as Atsuhiro Kawamoto, 62. The room was locked from the inside and he left a note in Japanese, meaning "sorry".

His Thai and Japanese friends alerted security officials of the condominium to break into the room after he could not be contacted after he returned from hospital at 11pm Wednesday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/62-year-old-Japanese-man-found-hung-in-Silom-condo-30250105.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-18

Japanese salesman hangs self

BANGKOK: -- A 62-year old Japanese salesman hanged himself to death at a condominium room in Silom in what Thung Mahamek police said stress is the cause of the suicide.

The man was identified as Atsuhiro Kawamoto. He worked as a salesman for a wristwatch brand and travelled regularly between Bangkok and Japan.

Police were alerted by the security guards at the Diamond Tower at about 11 pm last night after his friends told them they could not contact him after he returned from a hospital since the afternoon.

They broke into the locked room and found him hanged himself with an electric cord to a door knob.

A short note written in Japanese says “sorry” was found in the room.

Friends told police that the man was a heavy drinker and had chronic sickness and was a patient of a hospital. He had gone to the hospital for treatment several times in the past weeks, and yesterday he also went out again at 3 pm Wednesday.

The man called a friend at 11 pm last night and since then could not be contacted. Friends later went to his room and found it was locked from inside. They later alerted guards and police as they thought something unusual might happen.

Thung Mahamek said his body was sent to the Police General Hospital for autopsy to find exact cause of the death.

They believed the Japanese took his life because of stress from his sickness.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/japanese-salesman-hangs-self

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-18

So you tie the cord around your neck then sit down under the door knob or what? How is that going to prevent the natural survival instinct as one starts to suffer or die?

I have no idea of a technique whereby someone can hang them self in such a way but apparently it's not uncommon.

I guess that means when my time, as a foreigner in Thailand, comes to be discovered having committed suicide it's going to have to be somewhat more dramatic to achieve the result. Suicide by going out on the job, perchance?

• Like 1

Usually, most people in Japan commit suicide by Karōshi (<<<< Japanese language removed >>>>), which can be translated literally from Japanese as "death from overwork".

But since the retirement age in Japan is 60, that choice was not available to this gentleman...

Edited by metisdead
English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

So you tie the cord around your neck then sit down under the door knob or what? How is that going to prevent the natural survival instinct as one starts to suffer or die?

I have no idea of a technique whereby someone can hang them self in such a way but apparently it's not uncommon.

One would imagine that it simply requires the appropriate amount of drink/drugs to make you pass out and let gravity do the rest.

• Like 2

I didn't read anywhere in the article that his illness was alcohol related... RIP.

I will try to help you.

He was a heavy drinker.

Alcohol is a depressant.

He committed suicide.

Suicide is generally something depressed people do.

Alcohol affects the way people process thoughts.

• Like 2

I guess that means when my time, as a foreigner in Thailand, comes to be discovered having committed suicide it's going to have to be somewhat more dramatic to achieve the result. Suicide by going out on the job, perchance?

You could use the door knob from the other side with the cord going over the top of the door.

• Like 1

Just let him rest in peace. Conspiracy theories, thsi, that and the other. The man did what he felt he had to do, and that is OK. Be it good, bad or indifferent, from time to time, some people decide it is time to check out when they feel fit, and in this case I feel that it was as it appears. Sometimes people get sick of their existance in the world that they created, and such is life. Old man, rest in peace, smile, and at last, feel in peace with yourself. Sleep well, dream forever, and forgive what ever it was that caused the turbulance in your life. VALE OLD MAN.

• Like 1

I didn't read anywhere in the article that his illness was alcohol related... RIP.

I will try to help you.

He was a heavy drinker.

Alcohol is a depressant.

He committed suicide.

Suicide is generally something depressed people do.

Alcohol affects the way people process thoughts.

and easy to buy gin in Bangkok too.

You could use the door knob from the other side with the cord going over the top of the door.

Thank you! Now I see how this could be done!