3 ?s for the gurus

mr.buffalo

I need to change baht to £'s, which bank does the best rate? I looked at vasu as I could change it into cash but they are selling at baht/£ 51.55. I would like a bit better than that. Plus, how much can I take out of Thailand in cash? I think I saw somewhere $10,000. Correct?

I knew an access number to pre dial before I dialled a UK number from my mobile thus giving me something like 1baht or so a minute but have forgotten it, can someone please let me know what it is?

Thanks.

Apparently SuperRich has the best cash rates.

I thought you can take out $20,000 but don't quote me ;)

The prefix for dialling Uk cheaply depends on which network you're on. Call your operator if you can't find the info online.

Edited by jpinx

Either will do. I can get the cash out of the bank obviously and change into £'s, bit dodgy having £15k in your pocket but hey ho or transfer to my UK bank account but nowadays the banks need to know where more than £10k has come from due to laundering/funding terroists and a few more reasons I expect.

Two things to take into account. 1st, the maximum allowed to take out of the country without declaring. 2nd, the maximum allowed to be brought into the country arriving at without declaring.

From the BOT website: Any person bringing into or taking out of Thailand foreign currency bank notes in an aggregate amount exceeding USD 20,000 or its equivalent must declare to a customs officer. Not sure about the UK but some sites state €10,000.