Immigration holiday dates over Xmas New year

My 90 day report is on the 4th Jan which is a Saturday so I will have to do the report ahead of time but what with new year and weekends I may have to do it next week.

Would be helpful if someone knows the days immigration is open, closed, over the period.

90 day reports can be done15 days early and also 7 days late with no penalties. So you can either do it before or after the holidays. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Does anyone know if visa extensions can be done early? I think yes but just a few days, although 15 days early would be nice

90 day reports can be done15 days early and also 7 days late with no penalties. So you can either do it before or after the holidays. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Does anyone know if visa extensions can be done early? I think yes but just a few days, although 15 days early would be nice

What kind of extension of stay (visas cannot be extended) are you asking about.

No problem to do most as much as 45 days early. Tourist visa 60 day entries can be extended a couple of weeks early.

You loose nothing by doing the early because they start from when your permit to stay ends.

What kind of extension of stay (visas cannot be extended) are you asking about.

No problem to do most as much as 45 days early. Tourist visa 60 day entries can be extended a couple of weeks early.

You loose nothing by doing the early because they start from when your permit to stay ends.

I have a UK double entry tourist visa, I have 60 days already so I'm planning on extending for another 30, as you are on the case ubonjoe, remind me, do I need more photos for the extension? I'll pick up the form on the left as I go in

So where are the exact dates? I would think immigration would be open on the 2nd, to facilitate tourists, whose visas expire between 2 and 4 Jan. Since it would otherwise be closed for 5 days, from 31 Dec. onwards, this could cause a lot of inconvenience if you are traveling, which would not sit well with quality tourists.

Edited by Impossible

Immigration will be closed on the 2nd.

There is no reason for a person to do the 30 day extension of their 60 day permit to stay (visas are not extended) on the date it ends. They can do it a couple of weeks early and loose nothing because the extension starts at the end of the 60 days.

Immigration and all government offices will closed on the 2nd because it is a official holiday done by a cabinet resolution.

The BOT also made it a bank holiday. Only mini branch offices will be open and no incoming transfers will be processed.

Here we go.

attachicon.gifholidays.jpg

Wow, for reliable info, go to Thai Visa? I'm beginning to have serious doubts. What happened to the 4th, which is a Sunday?

And of course immigration staff at border crossings work as usual.

Anyway, my point was, I would have expected tourism to be of enough importance to facilitate the traveler, and reopen immigration on the 2nd. I'm a bit disappointed in UJ, because, unlike his usual self, he assumes that everyone on a TV is aware that they can extend theirs weeks before it expires. Tourists do not know this, and even most of those who have been here for years do not either, unless they have been reading on this forum for extensive periods of time.

Edited by Impossible

Here we go.

Wow, for reliable info, go to Thai Visa? I'm beginning to have serious doubts. What happened to the 4th, which is a Sunday?

Anyway, my point was, I would have expected tourism to be of enough importance to facilitate the traveler, and reopen immigration on the 2nd. I'm a bit disappointed in UJ, because, unlike his usual self, he assumes that everyone on a TV is aware that they can extend theirs weeks before it expires. Tourists do not know this, and even most of those who have been here for years do not either, unless they have been reading on this forum for extensive periods of time.

Why, where did the 4th disappear to? I can see it in the image I posted, but if you know something we don't know ...

Here we go.

It is your responsibility to know.