Road accident question.

Seastallion

I've just seen another accident, this time car vs scooter at the intersection at the end of my soi.

As with previous accidents I've seen, police turn up, ambulance takes injured away.....but the wrecks are left in the middle of the road.

This morning's accident was not serious. The two motorscooter riders had bruises and a graze, but hobbled to the ambulance no worries. The scooter had a smashed mirror, but that looks like from the fall. The car had a dent in the front left bumper but completely driveable.

It's half an hour later (during peak traffic too) all people have left the scene but both car and scooter are still blocking the road, causing traffic to skirt around.

Why do they not move them to the side? Wifey doesn't drive, so she knows nothing about road rules or procedures. I see it every time, a bike on it's side just left where it fell.

Mysterious.

Waiting for the insurance guy... can take hours.

Once had a small accident in Sattahip, the insurance guy arrived on a scooter, coming from north Pattaya...

So, police report and photos are not good enough? The scooter has to just stay blocking the road, creating a hazard?

So, if I have an accident, should I NOT move my bike to the side after taking photos? Would that affect my insurance if I moved it?

If both parties agree about what happened move over, in a dispute better not. Police most times follows the suggestions from the insurance guys or use them to come to a conclusion, playing the timecard to cool down the emotions.

Bad advice. Wait for police.

That "agreement" about what happened is likely to change once the vehicles are moved and the obvious fault is not so obvious.

Waiting for the insurance guy... can take hours.

Once had a small accident in Sattahip, the insurance guy arrived on a scooter, coming from north Pattaya...

So, police report and photos are not good enough? The scooter has to just stay blocking the road, creating a hazard?

So, if I have an accident, should I NOT move my bike to the side after taking photos? Would that affect my insurance if I moved it?

Wait for the insurance guy to show.

• Like 1