Fashion Police: Thai truck driver fined for wearing Crocs behind wheel

webfact

ALL drivers, regardless of vehicle, must wear appropriate footwear when in charge of a lethal weapon.

I see he was fined for illegally tinted windows. When oh when oh when will they have the balls to stop a Fortuner or Merc with such windows?

Bloody rabble!

It's hard to judge without a pic but some of them have totally blinded the windows of their trucks. That's asking for accidents to happen.

100% correct its the only way that these people might take notice of right or wrong,the amount of accidents and deaths through bad driving,for more than one reason is enough to make us all sick.They should clamp down a lot harder,but its a start,hit them hard in the pocket,and put limiters on all commercial vehicles,especially buses,large and small.ban the use of remoulds especially on the front axels.Clamp down hard not just the drivers but the owners,park everyone of them up when stopped with defects,and do not allow back on the road without MOT clearance,and jail the ones who fail to comply AND revoke both the driver and company licences,ie,operators licence and drivers licence.Until this matter is taken seriously there will be continues untold deaths on the roads,the sad part of this is,most of the deaths are innocent passengers and other road users trying to do the right thing.The inside overtaker should be banned immediately,and the fast lane sleeper the same treatment for him,equally they are to blame for a large amount of death crashes,total disregard for life and other road users.As an x HGV heavy truck driver with 50+ years experience on many continents im sure Thailand is definately the most backward country regarding road rules and regulations and disregard for other users I have ever encountered.We all know it starts at the top,Money is the only rule here,greed breeds many things,right and wrong and vice a versa depending how much money you have,so we have to hope it changes for the future and the better.

• Like 1

Tinted windows !, what about the trucks that drive about

with a set of curtains in the front screen and sometimes on

on the side windows.is that illegal,they must have taken

exception against this driver as they threw the book at him,

maybe a slow day collecting bribes,so they hit him with a 2K fine.

regards worgeordie

Almost every car in Thailand has illegal tinting.

When I took delivery of my new car, I had to have the passenger and driver's window tinting removed and replace with something nearing legal.

Thai "safety boots", aka thongs or flip flops are also illegal when driving in Australia, as they get caught under the pedals.

Can't see anything wrong with crocs. The BiB must be getting desperate.

and guess what they never found his driving tablets he did pretty good l think you guys should look at the big picture but l guess none of you know whats involved with long distant driving.

Best you all stick to riding shotgun with your hahaha "ex" bargirls.......cheers

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I had thought that it might be a safety issue. Until i read the rest of the post and realised that, yes indeed. It is a fashion issue.
Well they were ugly. Not my style. Maybe he should wear high heels next time.

Well it should be a safety /insurance issue , not the domain of the police, the trucking company's safety officer cheesy.gif , or the place where the load was being transported their safety Department, I also notice the lack of safety glasses , reflector shirt and all the safety phra - na - failure ,and I haven't seen the truck yet cheesy.gif quiet frankly it has F!!! all to do with the police, well maybe they are now safety officers.cheesy.gif

Crocs - The footwear of someone who has completely given up on life..

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

What's wrong with Crocs? Comfortable,inexpensive, convenient, easy to clean and readily available in 45. Joan Rivers is dead.

They're just not very stylish, and signal a general lack of interest in one's appearance (in my own humble opinion). Ask any woman what they think about crocs, and I'm sure you'll get the same answer.

• Like 1

flip flops stubbie shorts and a blue singlet is standard uniform for Aussie truckies and they dont come tougher than that afterall they do drive the longest and heaviest rigs in the world.I have learnt something from this forum today and that is " you don't have to have a long neck to be a turkey"

• Like 1

The cop should have gone for the double. Not just the crocs.

The law also says "Top: a collar shirt (either long or short-sleeved). Shirt must be tucked in trousers or skirt."

Not only has his shirt not got a collar, it's not tucked into his jeans.

Last night we drove through Bangkok and suddenly there were grey concrete blocks on the rightside lane. They didn't have any reflectors or nothing and were put there by roadworkers.

Later there was an orange plastic roadblock laying on the middle of the road. I guess it wasn't filled with water and some car had hit it. It was waiting for another car to crash into it.

Roads here are so dangerous, not even to mention the drunk drivers, racing motorcyclegangs, not using indicators and so on.....

I hope mr Prayuth also know that and takes action, this doesn't even happen in the movies.

The last two posts are presumably from quality tourist. I have never worn singlets, except out of irony at a fancy dress party, a wife beater, and could not physically wear flip flops and would never wear crocks. Ban all such people from Thailand as well as cyclists and we have cured the poor pikey tourist problem.

Edited by The manic

100% correct its the only way that these people might take notice of right or wrong,the amount of accidents and deaths through bad driving,for more than one reason is enough to make us all sick.They should clamp down a lot harder,but its a start,hit them hard in the pocket,and put limiters on all commercial vehicles,especially buses,large and small.ban the use of remoulds especially on the front axels.Clamp down hard not just the drivers but the owners,park everyone of them up when stopped with defects,and do not allow back on the road without MOT clearance,and jail the ones who fail to comply AND revoke both the driver and company licences,ie,operators licence and drivers licence.Until this matter is taken seriously there will be continues untold deaths on the roads,the sad part of this is,most of the deaths are innocent passengers and other road users trying to do the right thing.The inside overtaker should be banned immediately,and the fast lane sleeper the same treatment for him,equally they are to blame for a large amount of death crashes,total disregard for life and other road users.As an x HGV heavy truck driver with 50+ years experience on many continents im sure Thailand is definately the most backward country regarding road rules and regulations and disregard for other users I have ever encountered.We all know it starts at the top,Money is the only rule here,greed breeds many things,right and wrong and vice a versa depending how much money you have,so we have to hope it changes for the future and the better.

oh my buddha...cheesy.gif

Finally the Thai police get something right!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I wear Crocs around the garden and on the beach. What's wrong with that? I'm 80+ but I haven't given up on life. I have given up though on people who make idiotic statements. Unless of course I miss your sarcasm?coffee1.gif

Come on guys stop with stupid comments, any kind of shoes with open toe or high heel is dangerous no need to have a degree to understand this.

Please provide evidence to this outrageous claim.... I have been driving barefoot for decades.

Only put on the thongs (flip flops for you barbarians) when alighting the vehicle to conform to some, twisted in my opinion, social norms.

• Like 1

Where is the law that states proper footwear must be worn?

I often drive barefoot! wai.gif

because bare foot is safer(except motorbike) then crock or similar type which can gets under brake or acceleration pedals in critical moments.

Rules comes very often from statistics....Some people must learn from paying fines ....

Still cheaper then unknown ..having accident

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Finally the Thai police get something right!

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- width=32 alt=cheesy.gif> cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- width=32 alt=cheesy.gif> cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- width=32 alt=cheesy.gif>

I wear Crocs around the garden and on the beach. What's wrong with that? I'm 80+ but I haven't given up on life. I have given up though on people who make idiotic statements. Unless of course I miss your sarcasm?coffee1.gif alt=coffee1.gif>

Carry on old sock!! I respect your age, but i dont respect bitter old fuddy duddy's who cant handle a little joke...