Pattaya celebrates Christmas Eve

webfact

Pattaya celebrates Christmas Eve

eve-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Despite the cold temperatures Pattaya is experiencing at the moment, tourists and ex-pats ventured out to entertainment venues around Pattaya to celebrate Christmas Eve on Wednesday Night.

In the main entertainment zone in South Pattaya, incorporating the World famous Walking Street, many venues had made the effort and put up decorations to celebrate Christmas. Many bar workers were in red and wearing festive costumes regardless of the chilly temperatures.

Despite the significant reduction in Russian tourists compared to last Christmas, Walking Street was busy, especially with Asian Tour Groups who can be seen nightly following guides carrying flags to make sure none of their flock would stray off the planned route.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/161423/pattaya-celebrates-christmas-eve/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-25

In other words bars were pretty empty while lots of Chinese walked the street before being taken back to their hotels.

I haven't been to Pattaya for ages, but went there on Monday.

Yes, it was exactly as you say. In fact it was very quiet on the walking street. I saw several groups of Chinese following the "flags", with no time to stop and buy or look at things.

I noticed many of the bars were empty too.

Yes, it was bloody cold, with a strong wind coming off the sea.

By the way, I think Pattaya has become very expensive. We had a meal that cost 1,400 Baht and wasn't very tasty. Came back to Bangkok yesterday and had exactly the same food.... 600 Baht and much tastier.

Edited by petedk

It's what I imagine a war with China would be: thousands of dull-looking Chinese following someone with a flag blindly. Wave after wave after wave.

They do walk around like a bunch of meat-sacks, clueless to those around them.

Even the independent ones strictly follow the guide book, visiting the exact attractions, eating the same meals, all getting a photo of the same thing at the same time.

In other words bars were pretty empty while lots of Chinese walked the street before being taken back to their hotels.

Yes, it was exactly as you say. In fact it was very quiet on the walking street. I saw several groups of Chinese following the "flags", with no time to stop and buy or look at things.

By the way, I think Pattaya has become very expensive. We had a meal that cost 1,400 Baht and wasn't very tasty. Came back to Bangkok yesterday and had exactly the same food.... 600 Baht and much tastier.

Anyone else notice that most restaurants are way below par and overly expensive. We often opt to cook at home... I come from New York, where restaurants compete for customers. The food is simply amazing...and delicious. Worth the price. I have a difficult time finding quality, here. Even at so called 4 and 5 star hotels. It just is not there.

• Like 1

Keep in mind this is the peak of high season.

Now just imagine what is going to happen next year after all the bars and restaurants failed to make money in high season

Most if not all restaurants on Walking are way overpriced and hardly delicious.

Next time try places away from Walking, and less fancy.

On 3 road, there is a hole in the wall place( i know not the nicest place) but food is amazing.

• Like 1

Great place to spend your Christian holiday...huh?

Catch up with the pagans.

Specifically who are you referring to. The Chinese tourists?

Tourists in general, mostly Chinese, Russian and Indian.

The Thai tourists coming in from rural areas and Bangkok, bringing their lovely driving habits with them.

Or just everyone who happens to want to enjoy what is a very festive time right now in Pattaya?

Anyone else notice that most restaurants are way below par and overly expensive. We often opt to cook at home... I come from New York, where restaurants compete for customers. The food is simply amazing...and delicious. Worth the price. I have a difficult time finding quality, here. Even at so called 4 and 5 star hotels. It just is not there.

Being a resident here we get the most amazing cheap meals all over the place (just like you do at home) we dont eat at tourist rip off places or 4 and 5 star hotels ,leave that to the two week millionairs.f

I found Christmas Eve itself was heaving around Soi 8 off beach road. Barely a seat to be had in a lot of bars.

Walking street is not my scene so cannot comment on that.

Christmas day was a bit of a disappointment. Went to the Beer Garden on the end of Beach road / Walking street, only to find it had no electricity. Had to leave and find an alternative venue, which we did with no real problems. Ended up having a great meal at Brauhaus.