Besides Novotel, are there any other hotels within 10 min from airport?

Smithwick

What do you mean by "above average"? There are plenty of decent hotels within minutes drive from swampy - like The Phoenix Hotel. Thong Ta resort, Paragon Inn etc. All depends on your requirements basically. My favourite is Nasa Vegas, which is ~30 min drive.

Edited by jabis

Thong Ta is fine - around 500 a night, 5 minute drive from the airport, and they have a free pickup and dropoff service. There are plenty of options for food and a bit of shopping near the hotel. The rooms aren't anything special, but they're clean and all you need for a single night while you wait for your flight.

http://thongtaresortandspa.com/

EDIT: Looks like it's around 1000 per night at this time of year, actually.

Edited by Bardeh
  • Like 1

Thanks but i was asking for a hotel that is a 10 min drive away from the airport, not 30 minutes away. Above average means a 4 star hotel and up.

Maple Hotel is next to the Novotel on Sri Nakarin and should be 10-12 minutes without excessive traffic. Don't think you can beat it for rates and service. Only opened a couple of years ago, very clean. Take the back way out of Swampy and stay right as you reach Bangna Trad and head toward Bangna to Sri Nakarin. Alternatively, you can exit Swampy out front and take the freeway west to Sri Nakarin and left to Maple, just past Novotel. You can count on this..

I suggest that you search www.agoda.com for Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotels Bangkok. You will find around 20 hotels within 5-10mins of the Airport, with photos, reviews and rates. By the way the Maple Hotel, which is near my house and was recommended, is 20 to 30 minutes from the Airport especially coming from the airport because you have to do several U-Turns to get to it.

If you want to be near some large shopping centres then try the King Park Hotel(opposite Seacon Square and near Paradise Park Mall) or Rider Resort behind Seacon square(B795/nt). Also there is a also the 28 story Vertical Suite Appartments/Hotel opposite Seacon also. From Thursday to Sunday from 17.00hrs to 01.00hrs there is Talat Rot Fai(The Train Market) behind Seacon Square which has 100s of stalls, museums, antiques, clothes from B50, bars, restaurants, food stalls, entertainment.

Journey time from the Airport is usually 20minutes unless you hit the traffic at peak hours.

What do you mean by "above average"? There are plenty of decent hotels within minutes drive from swampy - like The Phoenix Hotel. Thong Ta resort, Paragon Inn etc. All depends on your requirements basically. My favourite is Nasa Vegas, which is ~30 min drive.

Nasa Vegas is a nice clean cheap hotel, with a great breakfast, but due to the 1.500 Baht security charge, I won't be using it again.

Nasa Vegas, brings back memories, all the ladies in Bangkok know that hotel, and the hotel knows them, went in there one day to see what all the fuss was about, looked around, the hotel was full to capacity, they must be doing something right so i left, got a hotel 2 blocks near the university half the price for the same luxury not many guests and i was the only falang, so it pays to shop around.

Thanks but i was asking for a hotel that is a 10 min drive away from the airport, not 30 minutes away. Above average means a 4 star hotel and up.

The first ones I suggested are each within 5-10 minutes drive, added Nasa Vegas because I find it nicer than most of the more nearer ones - just a personal preference. :)

Hope the thread has given you options, also good to check tripadvisor to see pics and reviews of places - but like I said, there are tons of options.

Also someone mentioned miracle suvarnabhumi - it was absolutely the worst place I've ever set foot on - spent something along the line of 6000-6500 Baht on a room with soggy carpet, no waterpressure - took ~25mins to try and fill the bath tub with luke warm water, and as it was quite late swapping the room wasn't an option because I simply had to get some sleep before next days 18 hours of flights. Also noted that the consierge didn't speak a word of english, wi-fi was shoddy at best and the restaurant wasn't open at 10pm because 'no customers'. Here's a couple of photos of the room from my cell phone:

post-221212-0-91793900-1419616535_thumb.

post-221212-0-87717500-1419616537_thumb.

post-221212-0-50621700-1419616540_thumb.

15 minutes on the BTS to station 10 minutes from station walking thats what it took me

You need to be lucky to do the trip in that time. Only one express train an hour so miss it and you have to get the City Line train which is slower and more crowded. Either way it's a lot more than 10 minutes from the airport, exactly how long depends on the time you spend waiting for the next train.

Here's are the hotels Agoda brings up as being near the airport.

http://www.agoda.com/hotels-near-suvarnabhumi-international-airport/airport/bangkok-th.html?asq=v0rS0a1OqoRQ7bXy1Mh94jUYHg5orVgCTTHHi8DCrl1KmhKDzKPxPEY8Jzh5gUIE4I4%2brRg%2bVEMym8M3DSyA7Y8ZHf1LxoguazMNUmkXZvqT6qpSckrr44Cu%2bfDIkkQa

jeeeeeez its only 5 stations away from the international airport hey you can take a taxi pay more get caught in all the traffic good on ya ..........

maaaaaaate... you've gone from 15 minutes by train, to 15 minutes plus a ten minute walk, to it's only 5 stops and quicker than a taxi... facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_JFYd

good on ya... but whichever way you slice it, it still ain't ten minutes from the airport smile.png

15 minutes on the BTS to station 10 minutes from station walking thats what it took me

You need to be lucky to do the trip in that time. Only one express train an hour so miss it and you have to get the City Line train which is slower and more crowded. Either way it's a lot more than 10 minutes from the airport, exactly how long depends on the time you spend waiting for the next train.

Is there even one express train per hour? I thought the express trains were history and all that was left are locals?

Is there even one express train per hour? I thought the express trains were history and all that was left are locals?

Correct. The express was suspended a few months ago.