Any nice condos in Korat?

My wife's family live in a small farming village some distance east of Kon Buri, Nakhon Ratchasima Province.

Neither of us could actually live in the village, but I've been thinking about looking for a condo (maybe a house) on the east side of Nakhon Ratchasima city. The idea being to be close to the city for hospitals, shopping etc., but with easy access to the road out to Kon Buri so my wife can see her folks.

I don't know if the sort of thing I'm looking for actually exists! What I'd ideally like is a nice condo (or maybe house in secure gated community) with swimming pool etc., and with some sort of view - mountain / lake?

I understand such places exist around Khao Yai, but I think that's too far out from both Korat city and Kon Buri.

Can any TV readers who live around Korat suggest anything please?

Thanks for your reply Michael. It seems as I thought - what I'm looking for doesn't exist!

I wouldn't mind doing what you did, but I'd want to be in quick access to city hospitals, and on the side of town with easy access to the roads to Kon Buri.

Also, we are only in Thailand for 6 months of the year at most, and the problem with a house is security. We know of some horror stories from people with houses, but our condo has pretty good security.

Grateful for any more suggestions / advice from people who know this area well.

You ought to Google up the two Korat expat forums and there are Issan properties website(s)/Century 21 as well. Few minutes, you ought to be onto what you seek.

I live about 30 minutes outside the city so I'm not into the house/property scene in town, but yes, there are gated housing communities and some condos in and near town. There are two new condo projects that I've seen, one just opened and I'll be damned if I can remember the name; tossed the brochure in the bin last week.

Good luck.

The closest thing on the East Side of Korat is The Change Condo. But there are many nice condo projects to look at like the West Park, just depends on how far from the East side of Korat you want to be and your budget. I have a Century 21 Franchise here in Korat and can help you find what you're looking for. Just PM me or call my cell 0902549779. Thanks.

Ron

post-172690-0-24704300-1420286093_thumb.

• Like 1