Thai Police to provide protection and traffic assistance at countdown events

webfact

Police to provide protection and traffic assistance at countdown events

BANGKOK, 31 December 2014 (NNT) – The Royal Thai Police will take extra precautions on preventing criminal activity and will provid traffic management and assistance for the countdown events tonight, said an official.

According to the Deputy Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police Pol.Gen Ruangsak Jaritake, the police will provide security protection and assistance at the countdown events across the nation, especially big events in Bangkok such as at the Central World shopping center and Asiatique.

He said that the joint command centers have been set up to prevent criminal activity and incidents, while protection will be provided both in the inner and outer areas of the event.

Traffic assistance duty is the highest priority for police in the outer area of the event, where some roads may be closed or the traffic direction might be changed. Police officers will also provide a patrol of the inner area of the event for suspicious items or activities, as well as to screen for suspicious persons, said the Deputy Commissioner-General.

He has also advised the public are attending the countdown events tonight to refrain from wearing revealing clothes and take care of their valuable belongings.

Parents who will bring their children to the events are also advised to place name tags with information such as the address and contact number with their children in the case that they may be separated in the event.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-31 footer_n.gif

Police to provide protection ............... cheesy.gif

"He has also advised the public are attending the countdown events tonight to refrain from wearing revealing clothes and take care of their valuable belongings".

So don't flash the family jewels about... whistling.gif

My sister in law and I were watching the New Years eve celebrations on the Thai TV

channel 3. We were happy to hear that the police were trying to make it safer

for the crowds at the events in BKK. We both know that in this imperfect world,

there will always be some bad people who are willing to hurt others at these events.

If more Police presence, and some stricter rules for accessing the events, are

being used, well it is a good thing!

I was in Thailand the year there was a bombing at a concert, by being lucky, we decided

not to attend as there was a threat of a bomb on the news, and sure enough the

bomb went off, and some people died.

Happy new Year to all of you!

I hope all of the people on this forum have a great 2015, and I hope to get over to Thailand by the End of November to be there to celebrate the Christmas time and New Years

start to 2016! Meanwhile in Alberta Canada where I live, it is +3c at 2PM on Dec 31 12014.

Cheers and Chok Dee to all!

Stargeezer

As I read articles stating "Thai Speak" I frequently flash on: incompetent, insincere, untruthful, inept, untruthful, and unrealistic - to name a few. What does it say a/b Thailand when The 2,243 main checkpoints manned by 64,505 officers don't accomplish much? Can you imaging almost 65 THOUSAND "officers" scattered throughout the roadways of Thailand and still carnage?

It would be so refreshing to hear the Truth i.e. "we don't really care/ are too lazy, corrupt, unskilled, or .....

Thailand is ALL well maybe not all but certainly full of fluff and little substance.