Why do Thai's (especially the women) have such a false sense of reality concering money?

Quality is not a factor, it is cultural.

Have a read of Briggsy's explanation on page 1.

Rubbish

"It's cultural" is the line sexpats roll out to justify paying a Thai woman of low or no class to be with them.

You know nothing!

About having to pay a woman to be with me? You're probably right. My woman doesn't need me to pay her an allowance.

I know enough to not have to buy the affections of a woman and if you had a personality, you'd be able to do the same

Yet, you claim to have never had a woman, except on a temporary basis.

(didn't I read a post whee you claimed to borrow other guys women?)

It's like guessing how much it costs to own and run a boat, until you've had one, you can't tell.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

To answer your questions:

- they lack education

- they lack commercial/math skill

- they lack critical thinking skills

You can avoid a lot of this if you have a well educated gf. They tend to have friends that are better educated too and so you get a lot less of such crap and can talk more interesting details about real business opportunities.

To answer your questions:

- they lack education

- they lack commercial/math skill

- they lack critical thinking skills

You can avoid a lot of this if you have a well educated gf. They tend to have friends that are better educated too and so you get a lot less of such crap and can talk more interesting details about real business opportunities.

Note to newby, never invest money in a gfs "business opportunities".

The only opportunity is for you to lose your money.

If it was a workable idea, she would have borrowed from the bank and not needed you.

• Like 1

Yep, they all lie about how much they and their friends earn (or given by men).

It's a way of trying to extract more money from you.

What she is really saying is,

"all my friends get more money from their man, than I do, so give me more"

There is a very simple answer to this challenge, call her bluff!

"If you think you can find a guy who will provide you with more, I will be sorry to see you leave"

Works every time with my gf, who is in her 30s and too old to find a new guy (that will pay more).

I'm happy with my gf, but reality for her is, I can find a girl in her 20s for not much more money.

You wife/gf is instantly replaceable in Thailand for a younger one, no need to hang on to the old one.

yep, my gf tries this tactic on with me too, you will be pleased to hear she is ignored, nevertheless well looked after..

If she tries that tactic with you and is well looked after already, then I feel for you. sad.png

Knew a village girl living in the city, her prostitute cousin neighbour who moved to France with her odd French husband and had a son there was telling her to have a baby with a farang as the government there give her 25k month for the rest of her life in child welfare payments.

3 months later she was 2 months pregnant with a new Italian BF. That was 2 years ago.

Something tells me she's still waiting for that first monthly government payment.

France does actually pay women to have French babies.

UK too (worth up to 50kbht a month).

Australia just stopped.

Knew a village girl living in the city, her prostitute cousin neighbour who moved to France with her odd French husband and had a son there was telling her to have a baby with a farang as the government there give her 25k month for the rest of her life in child welfare payments.

3 months later she was 2 months pregnant with a new Italian BF. That was 2 years ago.

Something tells me she's still waiting for that first monthly government payment.

France does actually pay women to have French babies.

UK too (worth up to 50kbht a month).

Australia just stopped.

They must have been reading Thai Visa.

About having to pay a woman to be with me? You're probably right. My woman doesn't need me to pay her an allowance.

I know enough to not have to buy the affections of a woman and if you had a personality, you'd be able to do the same

Yet, you claim to have never had a woman, except on a temporary basis.

(didn't I read a post whee you claimed to borrow other guys women?)

It's like guessing how much it costs to own and run a boat, until you've had one, you can't tell.

I defer to your superior knowledge on the issue of paying women a stipend.

I don't NEED to know prices, terms, conditons or anything else about it.

All I need to know is that - to ME - it's a particularly odious practice.

If it suits you or others to pay an allowance, fine but for me, thanks but no thanks

"Why cant you find an attractive girl who makes her own money? Are you guys that old, fat and sweaty? I will never understand the concept of having a partner, spouse whatever that expects payment and "being taken care of" or some such."

I don't know this poster. It would appear that he has little experience of women the world over. I wish him luck in his hapless search. 555

I have a Thai girlfriend going on 5 years now. She comes from a humble background but put herself through school and now makes decent money. She is with me because she likes me and we split the bills and the money for food etc as much as possible, we do it because she wants to, not because I am strict about it in any way. The important thing is she doesn't want money and she doesn't want me to support her or her family. Most people who meet her describe her as very pretty but more importantly she is just a good person all around. And in my home country we don't have these primitive gender roles where "the man pays for everything" or whatever , women work and have their own money and I have never heard about a girl dreaming about being a housewife or in any way having a man supporting her and throw money at her, its just not part of our culture. If you live with the philosophy that if you have a girlfriend or a wife you have to support her and keep giving her money for this and that I just find that very sad and I posted in this thread to make the point that there are quite a few girls out there, in Thailand or where ever, that don't want money and things in exchange for being with you and living with you. And I am certainly not the best looking and most charismatic guy around so if I can find girls like this i´m sure you can too

Who are you trying to convince?

The people moaning about having girlfriends and wife's who continually ask for money and things all the time, or what do you mean?

Edited by Kaalle