Dependent visa questions

Hello,

Both my wife and I are working here in Thailand. We both have a non b visa, extended several times. This April my visa will end and I'm thinking about changing my visa to a dependent visa / non- immigrant visa (O). We are married here in Thailand and we have our Thai marriage certificates. We also registered our marriage at both our embassies. We are both foreigners.

I understood that I need to cancel my work permit and with the letter from the labor department go to immigration, together with passports, pictures and marriage certificates.

Do we still need to have a certified copy that we are married from our embassies or will the Thai marriage certificate be enough? If we need to have a certified document from our embassy do we both need them or only one of us?

If we can use the Thai marriage certificate does it needs to be authenticated by the MOF?

Can this process be done at immigration in Chiang Mai on the same day?

Is working allowed on a dependent visa?

Thanks for taking the time to read and maybe answer some of my questions.smile.png

Only one marriage certificate would be required, and as it is a Thai document no need to for any further certification from your embassy or the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

You can do this all at the same day.

Working is not allowed on an extension of stay based on being a dependent.

• Like 1