Work Permit For Short Term Business Trip

Conan

Hi I am planning a trip to Thailand shortly, I will be coming on a Business / Golf trip, the wife is excited that I am finally going to go on a holiday and leave work for a few weeks.

After much research I find that Pattaya seems to have the best golf courses but I believe I might go play in Phuket too.

While I am there I plan on employing several local Thai people in various capacities, mainly in the hospitality trade on a short time basis, though some may go long time - if they understand the importance of giving me a good servicing.

Will I require a work permit to employ my local Thai staff?

Not knowing what you are planning , best advise I can give is to start with a registration of a company , provided you plan to get established here.

Forumsponsor Sunbelt Asia will be able to give more advice on requirements for a Work Permit .

Staff is dedicated , but depends of what is expected and how much you pay.

While I am there I plan on employing several local Thai people in various capacities, mainly in the hospitality trade on a short time basis, though some may go long time - if they understand the importance of giving me a good servicing.

Will I require a work permit to employ my local Thai staff?

Am i reading this right?

You are asking if you need a work permit to take bargirls for short or long time sessions?

I didn't think you needed a work permit for that :o

• 2 weeks later...

:o I posted this to try to draw some trolls out. I was reading through previous posts that are taken completely off topic by people who rant about the need for working visas to the point that they ruin an otherwise informative thread.

I have seen this many times, even on innocent posts about the avilability of work in Thailand, and it is annoying, in most other forums moderators would delete the posts as being off topic after the initial warning about work visas had been posted.

I would have thought the best option would be to hire a local management agent (perhaps Sunbelt) and have them provide the staff and service based on a contract you issue your local managers.

The advantages are many:

Quick start-up (it would be ready and running when you arrive)

Direct contact with an Englsih speaker who knows the ground

No exposure to the usual 'Wide Eyed Farang wating to get fleaced"

No need to worry about work permits, insurance, liabilities etc

More time for your business

More time for your holiday