customer service in thailand

catman20

customer service is reasonable in Thailand .... it's after sales service that is totally non existent ... coffee1.gif

Are you serious? none of the sales staff have any knowledge of whatever product they are trying to sell, not a clue!

Very easy solution.

Choose exactly what you want to buy yourself by researching it on the interwebby thing and then buy it without asking them.

Its incrediblt easy. Choose a TV,buy a TV.

Why would you need any advice? Beyond that, let the missus buy everything else.

Trust me, it makes for a very stress free day.

It's all very well researching on the net but a good sales person with knowledge of the product(s) and what your needs are is still better at explaining pro's and cons as opposed to believing what or how you interpret what's on the net.

It took me some time to sort out the good from the bad, but now that I have, I think I get better service on the average in Thailand than in my home country.

Find the good people who provide the services you need, get to know them and develop a good relationship.

The business I frequent often give me excellent personal service.

That is why I frequent them often.

Thais don give a rats ass if you ever come back to their shop. They only care about making the sale now. No concept of repeat customer. Thais are taught to never complain, so the shops don't think they ever do anything wrong. Falangs complain, therefore they are not welcome back, get it . I often think that a shop that emphasizes customer service would do very well here, it would be a big change and quite appreciated.

I agree with you entirely.

I bought 2 pairs of trousers at a department store and as usual the legs had to be measured and cut. The trousers cost about 1200 each and the fitting about 100 Baht.

When I received the trousers they were, in fact, far too short. The cutter blamed the salesman and the salesman blamed the cutter. I didn't give a ##$% whose fault it was, I just wanted my money back. as I had 2 pairs of unsuable trousers.

INo way! didn't get anything. Just the usual "Khotort khrab."

Needless to say I have never been back

My favorite is vacuums. Sell plenty at home improvement places, but most do not sell replacement bags (learned my lesson, last one was bagless). Decided to go to service center for certain Korean brand on Sukumvit. They not have bags either... "We can order"..... do Thais just throw whole affair away when bag fills?

Other is shoestrings.... go to U*om, branches all over. They do sell shoes with strings, but don't sell strings.... "no have".

My favorite is vacuums. Sell plenty at home improvement places, but most do not sell replacement bags (learned my lesson, last one was bagless). Decided to go to service center for certain Korean brand on Sukumvit. They not have bags either... "We can order"..... do Thais just throw whole affair away when bag fills?

Other is shoestrings.... go to U*om, branches all over. They do sell shoes with strings, but don't sell strings.... "no have".

Yep.

I ended up having to trawl a multitude of shops until one was willing to sell me a pair for 60THB. They wouldn't cost more than 25THB in Australia.

I had a shirt ruined by my laundry. Owner took full repsonsibility and

although she gave me money to replace it, you could see it was like a day's

takings.

I'd be pretty sick to see my best clothes ruined, but I couldn't relieve anyone of a day's takings as suitable punishment. It's only a shirt and would've put it down to experience.

why do shops always have assistants to 'help' you in the wine and beer departments. They don't know the difference between a malt and a blended, but they always know 'cannot buy now' times. usually they are a pest and follow you around the shelves.

Edited by dragonfly94
  • Like 1