visa ed

Hello everybody,

i have a visa education made one year ago and valid until 30 january 2015. I am outside the country in France with a re-entry permit.

I have to come back in thailand the 15 january. My plan is to make a new visa in Laos in 2 weeks . Do you think that i will have a test or they will ask me a ticket to go out or something else ?

Or can i try to have 30 days without put my number of visa in order to have a visa without extempsion ?

Thanks guys for your help very appreciate. Have a good day

Mickey

You have an extension of stay with re-entry permit, not a visa.

Depending on the officer, they can make it difficult, asking questions about your study, wanting to proof of funds (20,000 Baht or equivalent in cash).

You have no guarantee and it's also unlikely that they will let you enter visa exempt for 30 days.

The best would be for you to arrive with a new tourist visa, even if it is known that the consulate in France is difficult and ask for unreasonable proof of funds/.

I am on an ED visa extension and I came back to Suvarnabhumi from 2 months abroad last week with a valid re-entry permit. After reading that story about that French guy on an ED who got refused entry and forced to fly back to France, I was extremely nervous. Like him I am divorced and switched recently from a Non-O to a Non ED.

I was as prepared as I could be with enough money and a letter from my school explaining and excusing my absence.

But you know what - nothing unusual happened and I got stamped in no questions and problems. Maybe it was luck but I will never know. The officer was an older man in his late 50's and very polite. I pointed out my re-entry permit in my passport and confirmed with him the ending date of my current extension in Thai. I also returned after midnight during the recent holiday so maybe that had something to do with it. I don't really know.

Oh and I have an American passport.

Good Luck.

Edited by calbts2