Thai Airways and safety

onelasttime

I would have thought that with all the recent media coverage of airline safety recently that Thai Airways would take it's duty of care more seriously. Consequently I was annoyed (but not surprised) to see all of the emergency exits blocked by seating on a recent flight from BKK to Khon Kaen. I would be interested to hear of any similar incidents... not that complaining to them would make any difference. And before Tv members tell me to get used to living in Thailand .... been here for years.

• Like 1

I think we need photos here, I've never been on a flight with any airline where the exits were blocked by seating.

How often do you fly? The over-wing exits of most narrow-body jets do have seating next to them, but they are not blocked by the seats.

These exit rows also have specific restrictions on the stowage of hand baggage (not under the seat in front) and passengers seated there are instructed on how to open the exit in an emergency.

Maybe the last time the OP got on a plane was with the red baron in WWI :lol:

I have flown this route tons of times and flown zillions of km all over the world and never seen this before. Usually if you get an exit seat (which I sometimes prefer cos there is more leg room) you are then asked if you agree to helping and given a short 'training' session. My phone was already turned off and amid the bustle could not get a shot but as I live and breathe there was a row of seats there. I will be returning to BKK again in a week or two and will be on the lookout with phone in hand.

• Like 1

I have flown this route tons of times and flown zillions of km all over the world and never seen this before. Usually if you get an exit seat (which I sometimes prefer cos there is more leg room) you are then asked if you agree to helping and given a short 'training' session. My phone was already turned off and amid the bustle could not get a shot but as I live and breathe there was a row of seats there. I will be returning to BKK again in a week or two and will be on the lookout with phone in hand.

Interesting reply. Please post pics.

You can bet the ThaiVisaForum "detectives" are looking it up on Google as we speak....

clap2.gifcheesy.gif (edited to include clapping and laughing men......)

Oh, and the "detectives"........ coffee1.gifsad.pngblink.pngsick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vrJpEP3T5-unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeCQhPTdycrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7mxcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU19fSShuh.png.pagespeed.ce.6VcCaNwNXg8vvwkLD1a

Edited by sipi

I think we need photos here, I've never been on a flight with any airline where the exits were blocked by seating.

How often do you fly? The over-wing exits of most narrow-body jets do have seating next to them, but they are not blocked by the seats.

These exit rows also have specific restrictions on the stowage of hand baggage (not under the seat in front) and passengers seated there are instructed on how to open the exit in an emergency.

Also the passengers sitting there aren't meant to be served alcohol.

Australian airlines require the passengers that sit there to have a good understanding of English.

I think the op is confused. No way in hell Thai Air blocked exits. I'd bet my house on it.

Thai Airways does not serve alcohol on the 50 minute flight to Khon Kaen.

Australian airlines require the passengers that sit there to have a good understanding of English.

I think the op is confused. No way in hell Thai Air blocked exits. I'd bet my house on it.

Exit seat pax aren't meant to be served alcohol? I have never heard that one!! Certainly the crew should ensure that it is limited so that the person doesn't ratfaced but no alcohol? Hmmm... I think not.

However as regards the OP I think it is a load of borrocks.

Exit seat pax aren't meant to be served alcohol? I have never heard that one!! Certainly the crew should ensure that it is limited so that the person doesn't ratfaced but no alcohol? Hmmm... I think not.

However as regards the OP I think it is a load of borrocks.

I was told by Qantas staff no serving alcohol if you want to sit a the exit doors incase of emergency. Common sense really.

Do you think Im making up a story?

No Krisb, not at all, but after many thousands of miles on many airlines all over the world in 50 odd years, sometimes in emergency exit seats I have never been refused alcohol.

I totally agree that consumption should be monitored and refills refused accordingly but refused totally... no, I don't think so.

I cannot imagine a bunch of hairy arsed Aussie miners on a fifo accepting not being able to get a beer on Qantas on the flight out of Oonabungahunga to Bali or Phuket just because they snagged (or in some cases paid lots extra for) an extra legroom exit seat.

However I will post this question on a far more professionally qualified air crew forum and update with their answer.

If you are correct I will eat my hat.... send me an Akubra please!! biggrin.png

Edited by tolsti

• 2 weeks later...