Pattaya: Two arrested for using stolen credit cards of foreign tourists

webfact

Two arrested for using stolen credit cards of foreign tourists

PATTAYA: -- Two Thai men were arrested early Thursday for allegedly using stolen credit cards of foreign tourists.

Pithawat Akkarathitiwirakul, 52, and Narongrit Boonyawat, 43, were arrested in Pattaya at 1:30 am after police were alerted by the Kasikorn Bank.

The two admitted that they bought the stolen credit cards from another Thai man, who stole them from suitcases of foreign tourists on southern buses.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Two-arrested-for-using-stolen-credit-cards-of-fore-30251465.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-08

Pattaya Police arrest two men accused of Credit Card fraud

credit-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Police, in conjunction with their colleagues at Chonburi Police Headquarters, arrested two Thai men in the early hours of Thursday accused of using stolen foreign credit cards to purchase items of value in Pattaya shopping centers.

Officers were first made aware of a problem when they were contacted by a number of banks who had processed credit card payments from foreign credit cards which had already been reported as stolen.

The transactions were allowed to go through and at the same time officers made their way to a Shopping Mall and located the men accused of making the transactions.

The pair were followed to the Numchai Home Electronics Center on the Sukhumvit Road in Central Pattaya where one of the men purchased an IPhone 6 Plus worth approximately 30,000 Baht. He was then seen to leave the store and enter the passenger side of a Honda Jazz car parked nearby.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/163799/pattaya-police-arrest-two-men-accused-of-credit-card-fraud/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-09

I think some leniency should be granted to Khun Akkarathitiwirakul - clearly I'm not the only one who looks at the tiny spaces allocated on many forms in Thailand for things like your name and address - my surname has only 5 letters and his appears to have about 145 by my count ;)

(Just looked at my Krung Thai Debit card - it doesnt even have my name on it, just a number. Clearly, they quickly realised plastic wasnt going to work with Thai names)