Pattaya robbers crash Russian tourists' romantic evening

webfact

Did they arrive by helicopter at the romantic love spot for a bit of bonding this might have attracted the robbers thinking this must be people with money and an I Phone 6 we must get the gang together just in case anyone might try and hurt them back and mummy cant fix my sore bits, lets go and try and ruin Thailands tourist reputation around the world but being a sweet bunch they only struck the biggest victim with his own bottle no need for guns or knives this time.

Give the man credit for at least trying to create some type of "romantic evening" for the woman he "loves." Jeeeezzzz.......give him a break......speaks Russian, has no idea where to get anything (e.g. wine, flowers)........he tried. Romance is almost an archaic concept in this town. And why should he even think about crime when the prevalent myth being perpetuated by the tourism authority is that there is no crime? This is the "land of smiles," right? Yeah, right :)

• Like 2

Pretty sad when a couple not bothering anyone is attacked for no reason and robbed. LOSO Thais strike again and even if these brain dead zombies are caught they will be fined 500 baht or so and let go. This country is going to the dogs due to the corrupt Police and retarded locals

"This country is going to the dogs due to the corrupt Police and retarded locals"

Especially like your retarded locals quote ;-)

OMGImInPattaya, on 08 Jan 2015 - 14:30, said:

Pattaya has a helipad?

It has several and also a small aircraft landing strip near Siam Country Club.

Must be for those TE visa holders who M-jet into town and then whirl about from place to place smile.png

Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 1

Everyone is having a go at the Russians attempt to romance!!

No one is commenting on the Thai low lives robbing them!!

So romance is a crime, but not robbery according to the posters here!

• Like 1

Why would you go anywhere in a foreign country in pitch black surrounds with no help in sight and wait to get mugged? They are lucky to be alive. Maybe they will have better luck in Brazil, Mexico, or Central park New York at night.

Fools

Nope and especially after they were already warned by a (pretend) policeman. Not the sharpest tools in the shed (just a tool...)

It may be a deserted helipad and cheap Chinese wine, but I do feel sorry for the couple who just wanted to do something simple, and in their minds romantic, like having a drink while looking at the view. No getting drunk at a bar, getting into fights, or having sex on the beach. Let's hope the RTP does their job for once, and catches these thugs and throws the book at them. Not much chance, I know, but hope springs eternal.

• Like 1

Nothing smacks of true romance like an upturned cement mixing bin, a plastic rose in a cheap vase ,I mean 'bouquet'; and a rooftop bevvy on the roof of a dirty building in stinking god awful Pattaya.

Surely there's a movie in this 'love for the ages' story?

It's not on a roof top, it's on Pratumnak hill.

Looks like Soi 4 Phratumnak? Anyone know?

Until the ICE epidemic is brought under control these muggings will be on the up. Pattaya now full of Thai junkies who will do anything to get their next fix.

No, it's next to the Royal Cliff Condominiums, GPS coordinates: 12°55'42"N 100°51'45"E. That park area IS very dangerous at night. Many unlit sections.

Edited by BB1950

Everyone is having a go at the Russians attempt to romance!!

No one is commenting on the Thai low lives robbing them!!

So romance is a crime, but not robbery according to the posters here!

Correct Sir, and any negative reply about the "Thai robbers" WILL be Thai bashing. Beware.

When you come up road from lighthouse and Coast Guard, you take a left, don't go straight, that leads you to Pattaya Sign, if you go right , Royal Gardens is on the right and Sheraton Hotel, it doesn't feel safe in Daytime so secluded, you just knew some Hoods , partied there at night

Or protected turf

I have stayed near that area in one of the Hotels, and I assure you that I would not, NOT!,

have a cozy wedding drink anywhere near there. People who visit Thailand should always

remember that they are in a foreign country. The couple could nave rented a small hall,

or place in the Hotel for pretty cheap, or hired some of their own guards, or off duty police

to watch over them, for their helipad romantic encounter.

I have been to many weddings in Thailand and they were pretty cheap to pay for,

maybe tourists should remember that when they plan their romance trips to Thailand.

For this Russian couple, I am glad they were not seriously injured, or

killed for their foolishness. Put the word out. If and when you come to

the land of smiles, don't be so cheap! Instead be cautious!

Just my 2 cents of opinion of course.

Russian Couple attacked and injured at Helipad in South Pattaya

russia-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police and medics were called to a Helipad located on the Pratamnuk Hill in South Pattaya early on Thursday Morning to assist a Russian Couple who had chosen the remote location to enjoy a romantic evening together but were attacked and robbed by a gang of youths instead.

Officers met with Mr. Nikita Salamatov aged 26 and his Wife Mrs. Anastasia Dudnikova aged 25. The male Russian had sustained a head injury while his Wife had an open cut on her lip.

The pair had chosen the area to enjoy a bottle of wine together and used a bucket as a makeshift table. The area is poorly lit and is regularly patrolled by Pattaya Police Volunteers who encountered the couple earlier in the night. They were given a warning that the area was not safe for them but decided to continue their romantic evening regardless of the advice given to them.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/163806/russian-couple-attacked-and-injured-at-helipad-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-09

OMGImInPattaya, on 09 Jan 2015 - 05:52, said:
gandalf12, on 08 Jan 2015 - 19:22, said:

Phratamnak hill is renowned for gangs

So then what are we to make of the ad that pops up in this thread for a 25,000,000 baht house for sale on Pratumnak?

It's probably the quietest place in the Central Pattaya area a few vey good restaurants but it's basically not policed and there are a lot of construction worker camps around there.

Some nice hotels down on the beach front where you can dine outside with great views.

Its pretty bad when you cant even enjoy a quiet bit of romace with a loved one.

That is something that should be available anywhere in the world, I am really not too sure if I want to retire to Thailand and my wife (thai) is also unsure if she wants to go back to live.

Pretty bad when your own country folk think their country is not what it used to be and are not sure if they want to go back to enjoy their years !!

I can only hope that one day this shit will stop happening EVERYWHERE not just Thailand.

Saying all of the above I can also say that a lot of folks I know are not wanting to go to Thailand any more and are choosing other destinations!

Hope TATactaually cares....coffee1.gif

Edited by troywann13
  • Like 1

OMGImInPattaya, on 09 Jan 2015 - 05:52, said:

gandalf12, on 08 Jan 2015 - 19:22, said:

Phratamnak hill is renowned for gangs

So then what are we to make of the ad that pops up in this thread for a 25,000,000 baht house for sale on Pratumnak?

It's probably the quietest place in the Central Pattaya area a few vey good restaurants but it's basically not policed and there are a lot of construction worker camps around there.

Some nice hotels down on the beach front where you can dine outside with great views.

. Central, I don't think so...
  • Like 1

Dannyboy666, on 09 Jan 2015 - 07:22, said:
ATF, on 09 Jan 2015 - 06:29, said:

Central, I don't think so...

Pattaya is a very big place it's not just Walking Street. Try crossing Sukhumvit sometime.

. I don't even consider The Darkside Pattaya...lol

Pattaya is a very big place it's not just Walking Street. Try crossing Sukhumvit sometime.

. You Honestly Consider The Darkside , Pattaya. 55555555

Pattaya proper is a small place. I don't regard the other side of Suk to be part of Pattaya, nor Jomtiem, nor Naklua.

It is a deep embarrassment that a young couple cannot sit and enjoy each other's company on holiday without being attacked.

If the Pattaya Police volunteers know the area to be unsafe, I suggest they patrol more frequently and maybe even have a permanent presence. Shame on Pattaya.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

jacko45k, on 09 Jan 2015 - 08:48, said:jacko45k, on 09 Jan 2015 - 08:48, said:

Pattaya proper is a small place. I don't regard the other side of Suk to be part of Pattaya, nor Jomtiem, nor Naklua.

It is a deep embarrassment that a young couple cannot sit and enjoy each other's company on holiday without being attacked.

If the Pattaya Police volunteers know the area to be unsafe, I suggest they patrol more frequently and maybe even have a permanent presence. Shame on Pattaya.

I'm not getting into a geography discussion but I agree wholeheartedly that this senseless and mindless violence is totally out of control.

Pratumnak is a very nice area and it's a very quiet and peaceful area but I've never seen a cop anywhere near the place.

This attack is similar to the one that occurred in Naklua a few weeks ago. My condolences to the couple.

Edited by ATF
  • Like 1