Trip advice Needed. (Erawan route)

Marcel1

Hi Guys,

As some of you might have read in my other OP a few days ago, I've recently bought a kawa versys and had all the fluids changed and battery charged.

Even though I am really busy with work this time my body is restless wanting to take the bike on a few days trip.

Even though this will be my first few day trip I am a novice rider having owned different bikes here and made day trips of max 500km. just never had the change for a few day outing.

My idea is to take the western side as on underneath link:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir/14.6728837,99.0157479/14.7786402,98.5771531/14.6489052,98.6058435/14.4459077,98.8647864/14.0332852,99.5221489/14.3466606,99.1831607/14.6669053,99.0588744/@14.4613837,99.279631,10z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m0!1m0!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d98.6623588!2d14.5278391!3s0x30e4388b7bcf420b:0x7a76f6453025a008!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!3e0?hl=en

Day 1 will be in the afternoon after work leaving my place to Erawan waterfalls to take up the night at shanti farm, looks like an interesting farm since they have organic veggies.

Day 2 will be the loop as seen on the map.

Day 3 I have to get home in Bkk somewhere this day.

My questions are if the day 2 of 367 km will not bee too much considering there are some slightly challenging roads?

I plan to overnight from day2 to 3 in Kanchanaburi but my guess is that there are maybe nicer places on the way, maybe more up north to khao Leam?

It would be nice also to spend a night around Khao leam or sai yok but it is difficult to find some places to stay for the night.

Where is good to fill up on petrol?

I know there are some experts on this forum so what would you do different to fill this 2.5 day trip?

For the mods: Since there are quite regularly questions and ideas about driving routes maybe an additional sub-forum would be easy to find information about multiple routes to chose from?

If anyone feel like to join let me know and we can share ideas for the trip, I plan to go next Saturday 17th of Jan, around 3pm and come back that Mondays the 19th.

If you're spending the night at Shanti Farm, why is it not your point "A" for day 2? I've redone the map to make sure you start off at Shanti Farm and then end up in Kanchanaburi.

Note that between point "E" and "F" ("C" and "D" on your original map) is unknown. But looking at it I doubt that it would be a good road. If it's even paved I'd be surprised.

It's not that hard of a ride, and you giving yourself plenty of time is smart. If you haven't been to Ayutthaya, I'd plan on cutting over from Kanchanaburi and seeing the sites before returning to BKK.

• Like 1

300-400 km per day on Versus is nothing, you will have plenty of time left for stops and sight seeing. Versus is very comfortable to ride from what I read, never owned one but sat on it many times and it's very comfy!

If you're spending the night at Shanti Farm, why is it not your point "A" for day 2? I've redone the map to make sure you start off at Shanti Farm and then end up in Kanchanaburi.

Note that between point "E" and "F" ("C" and "D" on your original map) is unknown. But looking at it I doubt that it would be a good road. If it's even paved I'd be surprised.

I have to agree with Dave.

Looking at the entrance and exit points of that unnamed road on Google street view, it doesn't look like it will be paved much. The entrance looks ok but the exit is just a churned up dirt track barely 2m wide until it joins up with the 3272.

Might be a good idea to stay on the 323 and head to Thong Pa Phum town. Have a break there then continue, take the 3272 in the opposite direction that you had planned so that the big lake is on your right. You'll eventually come to the point where your unnamed road ended but keep following the 3272 over a very steep mountain(great views but be careful as the bends are very tight, so it takes time and you'll be doing it twice) until you get to I-Thong Village. From there you can cross into Burma for a short way. I have done this route on a CBR with my girl on the back so it will be no problem for you. Some great sights and well worth it.

You will have to go back the way you came. Depending on how early you left you should make it back to Kanchanaburi before nightfall or you could stay in Thong Pa Phum for the night. The town is dead at night, so I would recommend gunning it back to Kanchanaburi so you can at least have a beer or 2.

Sound advice macknive for sure ill check that out!!

Shurup, true as fat as I know know the versys is a perfect touring bike and I dont mind 400km of riding but my worries were more related to the quality of the roads and tech skills.

I had a 300ninja same u/ur wife, was a nice bike but not for the touring I want to do, therfore now a versys ;)

• Like 1

Sound advice macknive for sure ill check that out!!

Shurup, true as fat as I know know the versys is a perfect touring bike and I dont mind 400km of riding but my worries were more related to the quality of the roads and tech skills.

I had a 300ninja same u/ur wife, was a nice bike but not for the touring I want to do, therfore now a versys wink.png

Ninja was fine for long rides but only when you travel light, I can't imagine loading it up with bags and a wife on a back. Congrats on your purchase and safe rides!

• Like 1