Two technical students 'assassinated' by motorcyclist in Pathum Thani

webfact

any students found to be participating in these gangs should be immediately expelled from the schools and banned from attending any other schools in Thailand, this is absolute bullsh*t, schools should be shut down as well for promoting rivalry/allowing it

As much as I understand your outrage. However, what do you expect the dropouts will do? Go and find a job, or try the gun for use to generate income?

It is not for those put out of school it is for the other schools to see what happens if you join a gang. Start putting some students in jail and closing some schools and the parents will get the message and stop funding the hooligans.

Murderers and Bombers does not equal 'hooligans'.

Sadly, Thailand does NOT get a grip on these wicked young men by using relevant laws therefore not providing any sort of deterrent. The govt and these places of education must get together and accept and deal with this situation before the killings escalate further, but sadly as usual, it will be ignored and hope the problem goes away on its own. Thailand, on issues of law and order is a disgrace.

It is not for those put out of school it is for the other schools to see what happens if you join a gang. Start putting some students in jail and closing some schools and the parents will get the message and stop funding the hooligans.

Murderers and Bombers does not equal 'hooligans'.

Sadly, Thailand does NOT get a grip on these wicked young men by using relevant laws therefore not providing any sort of deterrent. The govt and these places of education must get together and accept and deal with this situation before the killings escalate further, but sadly as usual, it will be ignored and hope the problem goes away on its own. Thailand, on issues of law and order is a disgrace.

Hooliganism is disruptive unlawful behavior. Most of the conflicts between these delinquents falls under the category of hooliganism when it gets carried away it leads to murder. The fights and the sword play and other odd things these groups participate in should be stopped and the students and parents and school administrators put in jail.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/688966-fights-between-rival-vocational-student-gangs-in-pathumthani-leaves-2-injured/

The victims were students from Pathum Thani Technological College. Police believe the crime was committed by students from a different technical school as a part of an ongoing gang rivalry.

What the hell are they teaching these kids in Technological College that causes them to be so mean spirited?

Are these technicals...a cover for training Thai mafia hitmen?...or is this just another example of Thai culture producing kids full of "Thainess"...?

Shut both 'colleges' down NOW. Today. Permanently.

Until there is some semblence of accountability for your actions, nothing will EVER change in this country.

Just like Yingluck skipping the NLA meeting today... ZERO accountability.

I fail to see the comparison of Yingluck missing a meeting to the murder of two students. You don't even know why she did not go and whatever the reason it's hardly the same as murder, silly comment.

• Like 2

"Two teenage technical students were shot dead in what police suspect to be an incident of gang violence in Pathum Thani province yesterday morning."

If one doesn't have to study in order to receive passing grades and graduate, then one needs to find something to do with all that spare time.

I am sure the other ASEAN and western nations can't wait to set up businesses in Thailand so they can take advantage of the fine graduates produced by this great educational system.

The only thing that boggles my mind is why U.S. or British TV hasn't developed a Hogan's Heroes or Keeping Up Appearances type of comedy about the Thai education system.

Probably because Thailand is so irrelevant in the west and most people know it only for it's beaches, bars and prostitutes.

What is it with all these young students wanting to kill other students all the time, do they go to school to learn how to be a gang member or what, If this is the next generation for Thailand, then they should invest in something that will stop them being a country not worth visiting, Their future looks bleak.

"Two teenage technical students were shot dead in what police suspect to be an incident of gang violence in Pathum Thani province yesterday morning."

If one doesn't have to study in order to receive passing grades and graduate, then one needs to find something to do with all that spare time.

I am sure the other ASEAN and western nations can't wait to set up businesses in Thailand so they can take advantage of the fine graduates produced by this great educational system.

The only thing that boggles my mind is why U.S. or British TV hasn't developed a Hogan's Heroes or Keeping Up Appearances type of comedy about the Thai education system.

Probably because Thailand is so irrelevant in the west and most people know it only for it's beaches, bars and prostitutes.

What, pray, is a beach?

At the ages of 16 & 17 what would these children have done to deserve to be killed. I think in a way the young Thais are immitating the action of gangs in other 1st world countries. They see it on TV & think its fine to kill someone. Very sad that at least once a wek there is a shooting by children on children. WHY, WHY.

Edited by duckmandon

Open warfare - with guns, bombs, hatchets or any weapon that comes to hand.

Slightly off topic but related. On Thursday the neighbor of one of my daughter's school friends was stabbed to death on campus of Bangkok University in Rangist. Police were interviewing the neighbors as part of their inquiries.

Life is cheap here when loss of face and temper is concerned. And some merit making and an appropriate financial donation seems to make it all o k.

What, pray, is a beach?

haha