Kitcha dental clinic, experiences? or alternatives

daoyai

I need a bunch of long neglected toothsome work, and being a frugal fred (cheap charlies slightly better off cousin) I am looking for advice, I went to Kitcha for a simple procedure years ago and see their prices to be much cheaper than Grace and some of the more famous chopper shops. Anyone have experience there or know of other decent bargain oralists in or near the city center?

Edited by daoyai

We used to go there years ago and liked Dr. Kitcha. His prices were reasonable and he was good. At the time he only had one or two other Dentists working with him.

Then he began advertising in all the farang publications, began catering to dental tourism, added about 10 more Dentists to his roster, and raised rates about 100%. The last time we went there, about 5 years ago now I think, he was in a rush and didn't do a very good job on me (cleaning). The g/f was seen the same day by a younger woman Dentist who replaced a filling and she said it was a very painful experience (no anesthetic). And the prices were almost double of what we had paid there in the past. We never returned.

Edit: I forgot to say that I can't make a recommendation at the moment, but I've made an appointment at Elite for next week, based on the recommendation of a couple of trusted members. I'll report back.

Edited by elektrified

gf and I have both had recent extensive work done at Elite and we are happy with it. But I wouldnt say they are cheap.

I do think it is hard to find a cheap, competent dentist though and I wouldd not take my chances at a cheap place with a es competent dentist.

I do think the eite team is very skilled for ordinary work, endo and ortho dentistry and oral surgery. They bring in specailsts rather than leaving complex stuff to aa generalist. Works for me.

Good luck.

Do you understand where you are living? One hears unending upset with Things Thai here but, when it comes to healthcare each of us has found here what is hard to find in the west- an outstanding pro, and inexpensive as well. If you have not worn the work in your mouth for ten years you really do not know.