Lizard2010

I m looking at staying at the Chang Khlan Residence Condo

Has anyone had experences at this Condo

Are the management good to deal with

Is there any loud noise next to the condo

You can PM if you do not want to reply in the forum

Thanks in advance

Ed

Doesn't look any worse than other older condominium buildings in town. Perhaps a bit better than most. (Parking, location, there's water in the swimming pool.. )

You're not renting from the management, so as a renter you'll mostly deal with the owner of your unit, to make sure everything works well.

As long as the unit is nice, comfortable and tidy and the water and plumbing all work propertly and the owner is easy to deal with, I wouldn't hesitate to rent there.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Yup i've lived there previously.

Everything was fine, but... there was/is a school right next door that would start up with a very loud public address system early each morning playing the national anthem, the latest thai pop song that you've hear 1,000 times plus etc.

And the same repeated in the afternoon.

Plus when the kids were out in the playground they managed to make quite the racket themselves.

That was the only issue i had living there, and if you think that would affect you, than you should take that into consideration.

Sounds like the Northern Lake Hotel, Phayao....one side of the building..you get every word of the morning assembly from the adjacent school....goes on for at least 20 minutes...and I was running air-con....living next to schools definitely has its quirks, but overall pretty good neighbors and usually less than typical dog problems.

^ Good point.. Would especially affect the side of the building facing that school probably.

That side also gets the afternoon sun, or so I'm told. I went there last week to look at a place for sale. It's a good location and for an old building it is okay. I was surprised how much noise the kids could make, you'd think there was about 5,000 of them. Not as a bad a noise as some though. There is a snooker club on the other side, as Uptheos mentioned.

^ Good point.. Would especially affect the side of the building facing that school probably.

That side also gets the afternoon sun, or so I'm told. I went there last week to look at a place for sale. It's a good location and for an old building it is okay. I was surprised how much noise the kids could make, you'd think there was about 5,000 of them. Not as a bad a noise as some though. There is a snooker club on the other side, as Uptheos mentioned.

With the most annoying girls in attendance, spotting your balls.

Girly ball spotters have no place in a snooker hall.

I thought the condo units were quite small and some an odd shape, as I recall.

Yup i've lived there previously.

Everything was fine, but... there was/is a school right next door that would start up with a very loud public address system early each morning playing the national anthem, the latest thai pop song that you've hear 1,000 times plus etc.

And the same repeated in the afternoon.

Plus when the kids were out in the playground they managed to make quite the racket themselves.

That was the only issue i had living there, and if you think that would affect you, than you should take that into consideration.

I've lived there for coming on to 4 years.

There are two schools. The one on the left is literally right next door. It is on the side of the condo with the even numbered rooms. I'm on the 12th floor on the odd numbered side so I never hear anything from that one. The other school (Wachirawit School) is about a good city block away on the odd-numbered side of the condo. This may be the one @scd is referring to. Despite being a good distance away, it can sound like it is next door, if not right outside the windows at times. Lets just say that the school is less than a great neighbor. The noise doesn't bother me quite as much as it used to but if you are sensitive to noise, I would suggest the even-numbered side of the building.

The building itself is generally well maintained and the staff is good too.

All in all, I like it here.

David

• Like 2

Ha, yes me too.

Not bad, and affordable.. Units slightly too small for what I'm looking for. But as far as old condo buildings go, this one at least is in a reasonable location.

Redoing the windows would help a lot with the noise, likely.

• Like 1