Tourist Visa To U.s.

So, I have scheduled an interview appointment at the end of this month and I'm just stressing out :o . I came across this webboard when trying to search for any useful informaion that is out there.

I'm hoping I'll get some advice from you folks here. Here is my situation....

I got a bachelor's degree from a university in the States. I came back to Thailand in March, however, my student visa(F1) is valid until this December. I've been working at this company since I got back. The thing is, I don't really have much saving in my bank account. Though I do get a fairly reasonable pay. I've also just bought a car and I'm paying off the car finance every month.

I'm looking to visit my American boyfriend in the States. I've heard that visiting a boyfriend can be a potential reason for the visa denial. Is that true? If so, do you guys have any advice on how I should present my intention?

I'll appreciate your response.

The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Can't you still enter on your student visa?

I would say no matter what just if you need to go to the embassy be prepared and just be honest. You might be pleasantly surprsed. Stay positive. Worrying will get you no where. And if you want to have a life with the guy over there you had better follow the law and return after a visit. Nowadays the government is cracking down on those who overstay. Best of luck.

The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Can't you still enter on your student visa?

I would say no matter what just if you need to go to the embassy be prepared and just be honest. You might be pleasantly surprsed. Stay positive. Worrying will get you no where. And if you want to have a life with the guy over there you had better follow the law and return after a visit. Nowadays the government is cracking down on those who overstay. Best of luck.

I'd like to thank you for your input. I agree that being worried is not really helping here, I'm trying hard not to be. This is the first time I'm applying for a tourist visa and I've been aware of the denial rates. I'm also aware that each individual person has a different circumstance. I think I should be honest and tell the consular that I'd like to visit my boyfriend, but at the same time I'm not sure how i can convince him or her that I'll return after my visit. I mean, if the reason for getting rejected could be because I have a boyfriend there.

Honestly, I'm only planning to be there for 2 weeks. My boyfriend and I are not planning to get married. Besides, I know how serious the law is to get married on a tousist visa(if planned). I just want to be able to see him. He came to visit me in May. The long distance is just a nightmare, but that's not the point. I just have no clue what type of documents i can use to convince the consular. Other than the usual documents that show I have a strong tie to Thailand. Perhaps, this is just confusing. By the way, my student visa is now invalid as I graduated.

But again thank you for your input.