do thai woman think the same way as farang woman. getting divorced

dirtycash

me and wife ,she is thai are having some serious issues these last few years, sex is not happening nor is intimacy or even conversation though we have a beautifull 5 year old daughter. its easy for people to say walk away from eachother but i miss my kid terribly , the pain of being away from her is killing me, i walked out 2 weeks ago for good after taking advice from people to move on. maybe i walked away to the wrong place as i am now alone in pattaya and this place is driving me nuts allready . anyway i called my kid yesterday , she wants me to come back home, i would if i thought me and wife could give it a go again but then i texted my wife last night and her reply was to "<deleted> off " . ok maybe she is angry at me for going to pattaya , maybe she is jealous i am here and going with hookers every night but im not . fact is im heartbroken and want to go back home to her .

so the question is , are thai woman same as farang woman as in talking things through ? giving things another go ? reason why i ask is this , many thai girls i ask tell me that the thai man walked out on them and never returned and they hate them for this and they would never even speak to their ex thai husbands again ever ! i mean my ex wife and me are still friends after the uinitial breakup it was fiery but after couple years we became friends. so do you think my wife will do just as all the rest of thai woman and not even speak or look at me ever again ? even if we did not get back together i would still want to remain friends and help her out if and when she needs me.

They all grew up the same but different....and even as we cookie cutter them they are individuals....if someone took a runner on me and landed in Pattaya it would be the point of no return.....and it's a big loss of face for her even if you met there....you have known her at least 5 years and only you two know how/what happened....Thai women and men seem to keep truckin' and not looking back.....might have already been over....or might have been different if you landed someplace else instead of a giant <deleted>house....now you're getting advice from sex workers - talk about fanning the flames.....of course she's mad if you were the provider too.....it's a complex situation and you really won't know anything unless/until you try and go back...you are in the wrong place fpr a quiet talk with yourself...remember there are NO secrets in Thailand....If you want back in you might want to consider rooming back in your former town near her.....being a picture perfect gentleman for awhile...use the info pipeline in your favor...maybe recreate some interest or jealousy.....it might strengthen your status......all that is out the window of course if you have been a horses @$$ the past 5 years - then you have no one to blame but yourself....good luck....you really did not provide much info....

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

From my experience, Thai women want the man to try to get back in their good graces. I found out the hard way, but it is only one example to go on..

In 2007, My Thai GF dumped me, so I moved on, here I am in Bangkok a while later, with another Thai woman ( not a hooker), and the old gf calls me, wondering what happened?? why I didn't call her back?? she says..she implied I could have been with her again, if i only tried..

I foolishly stayed with the new one instead..sad.png

All the best,

r and y

• Like 1

beetle juice, as soon as i seen your avatar flash up i though " oh oh here goes another negitive rely " read through your history pal , you really ought to get a life, you sound sadder than me and im half way through a divorce allready. what gives you the right to slander me as a father ?

pgrahamm, you sound just like another pattaya basher, i have my reasons why i came to pattaya , yes one of them was because i can get drunk off my head and try forget my wife and if i want to bang hookers then yea i will but im not !!! where in thailand does not have hookers ? my village in isaan has 5 knocking shops on the outskirts , or holland or uk for that matter, you too get a life and stop being so quick to label someone. maybe take a look at yourself and your own life.

asking about thai ladies attitude toward marriage and divorce im not asking to be judged from any of you.

Edited by dirtycash
  • Like 1

Kids are gold...but you need to love your wife to stay. If you truly love her then give it another crack cos moving on seems like the easy exit but it isn't.,if you split for good then just tell your daughter that your love for her won't change.

I feel for you..There is never an easy time to split when you have kids.

Just think about what you do before you make choices, the at least you know the ramifications for the future.

Good luck

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

From personal experience, I believe Thai women are much more forgiving and tolerant of situations than western women.

Firstly Thai wives don`t hold all the legal trump cards as women do in the west,

The problem is that the rules regarding the rights of wives/girlfriends in the West has gone way over the top, to almost Fasist proportions in favour of the women:

Here are some facts regarding the feminist rights of Western women:

The woman controls whether you have sex or not. She controls whether she gets pregnant or not. She determines whether to have an abortion or not (even if the man or husband wants the child). She has the option to divorce her husband at any point during the marriage just on the grounds that she no longer wishes to remain with her partner and if there are children involved, in 99.99% of cases, she gets the family home and the kids, even if there is a new partner on the scene, plus child support and alimony. The woman gets paid even if she is the partner that dissolved the marriage and still gets paid even if the male partner and her don't legally marry. I know of some men that had been completely destroyed by these Draconian Laws where their spouses have litually picked their bones clean

Thai women in Thailand don`t get the same rights over matters against their husbands as western women and therefore it is not so easy for them to become independent unless they can play the love game with one of multiple other partners.

Therefore, in the case of the OP, he has got off lightly by deserting his wife and daughter, because if this happened in his own country, the lawyers would be baying for his blood by now.

So if this is the true motive behind the OP`s inquiry that he has concerns about what the legal consequences may hold if his wife decides to sue him for divorce while he is on an adventure in Pattaya, then I would say he is fairly safe and would also guess that if the going gets tough the OP would be no where to be seen.

Appears to be just another deadbeat husband and dad.

What, from what the OP has said, gives you the right to judge him as just another deadbeat husband and father?

You know little of his circumstances other than what he has said.

Sometimes, Beetlejuice, you come across as so pompous and high and mighty. I bet you were a Mother Theresa figure in your last life.

Maybe you ought to look in the mirror sometimes, because no one is perfect.

I thought bettlejuice spoke quite nicely and summed it up well, I would not have been so nice ( another farang fell into the same old trap marriage and kids.......................they only learn after its too late facepalm.gif

Since when did the majority Farang women "talk things through"? There are bad and good stories on women from every country in the world. Send her a text and or email. Tell her you made a mistake and if she accepts well move on, if she does not accept well there is not much you can do.

• Like 2

dirtycash you are a needy whiney piece of work.man-up a little, tell the woman what your needs are & what you expect, the child is your child also. take care of her no matter what. as for the "friends" with wife question, ehhhh are you brain damaged? she dont like your bones, she dont like you, no sex means you suck as a partner. let her go & stop the high school crybaby whine :-)

• Like 1

From personal experience, I believe Thai women are much more forgiving and tolerant of situations than western women.

Firstly Thai wives don`t hold all the legal trump cards as women do in the west,

The problem is that the rules regarding the rights of wives/girlfriends in the West has gone way over the top, to almost Fasist proportions in favour of the women:

The woman controls whether you have sex or not. She controls whether she gets pregnant or not. She determines whether to have an abortion or not (even if the man or husband wants the child). She has the option to divorce her husband at any point during the marriage just on the grounds that she no longer wishes to remain with her partner and if there are children involved, in 99.99% of cases, she gets the family home and the kids, even if there is a new partner on the scene, plus child support and alimony. The woman gets paid even if she is the partner that dissolved the marriage and still gets paid even if the male partner and her don't legally marry. I know of some men that had been completely destroyed by these Draconian Laws where their spouses have litually picked their bones clean

Thai women in Thailand don`t get the same rights over matters against their husbands as western women and therefore it is not so easy for them to become independent unless they can play the love game with one of multiple other partners.

Therefore, in the case of the OP, he has got off lightly by deserting his wife and daughter, because if this happened in his own country, the lawyers would be baying for his blood by now.

So if this is the true motive behind the OP`s inquiry that he has concerns about what the legal consequences may hold if his wife decides to sue him for divorce while he is on an adventure in Pattaya, then I would say he is fairly safe and would also guess that if the going gets tough the OP would be no where to be seen.

yea that sounds about right :-)

Dont know what the disagreements were between you both - therefore unable to lay blame on either side. One certain thing to understand is that the most important thing in a Thai's life is "Face". You walking away from her caused her to lose "face" to her neighbours and friends. Therefore you must - if you really want reconciliation - help her to regain that "face". how, I dont know! If there was strong love between you both, then it would be easier for you to apologise, sincerely, even grovel! But, at the same time, you mustn't lose "face"! Difficult, isn't it? As someone has already said, move back into the area, sound out the water, and take it from there. If there is positive response, follow it up - if not, move on!

• Like 1

First of all, women are all the same in one way. If scorned and left they won't be happy with you. In this way maybe Thai women are worse.

But do what makes you happy and don't worry so much about her.

I would move back to where you can see the kid more often and try to work things out with the wife to arrange that. At least continue to be a good father, as you seem to want to be in the child's life.

• Like 1

Nothing will be solved with you staying hundreds of kilometres away. If you are serious about maintaining a relationship with your ex-wife and your daughter, perhaps it would be a good idea to find a house for rent nearby?

It's also a lot easier to end up having heated arguments over the phone or via SMS. Perhaps you should come back, stay at a nearby resort or hotel and deal with these issues head-on?

best idea right there.

• Like 1

Started to feel bad for this guy until the word PATTAyA popped up.......hahahahahaha.!

Dont marry Pattaya anything esp. the girls.

And for gods sake dont have kids. I do feel for her as she has a caring but foolish father.

more pattaya bashers , tut tut. dont be such a pea brained little fool to think all farang go to pattaya to get laid with bar girls !! did you not even read my posts ? have a look again then reply in a sensible manner. i am familiar with pattaya and had friends here 2 weeks ago when i first came , now they are away back to work , im getting bored of pattaya now and will maybe move onto hau hin or udon thani . at first i needed to get away from my home country for a break i have worked damn hard all year offshore , earned some good money so im going to live my life for me for a few months , is that so wrong ? before i came here i asked my other 19 year old daughter if i was doing the right thing going away from my wife , she is a level headed uni student studying law and she advised me it was the best thing to do for us both . my 5 year old daughter will still be around in 2-3 months when i return home then ill pick up the pieces .

First get back to YOUR DAUGHTER ! Why the hell ddi you ever decide to go to pattaya of all places ? As Sibergen said rent a place near your child and ex wife .That way at the very least you can spend time with your little girl. Work out a visitation schedule.

• Like 1

Started to feel bad for this guy until the word PATTAyA popped up.......hahahahahaha.!

Dont marry Pattaya anything esp. the girls.

And for gods sake dont have kids. I do feel for her as she has a caring but foolish father.

more pattaya bashers , tut tut. dont be such a pea brained little fool to think all farang go to pattaya to get laid with bar girls !! did you not even read my posts ? have a look again then reply in a sensible manner. i am familiar with pattaya and had friends here 2 weeks ago when i first came , now they are away back to work , im getting bored of pattaya now and will maybe move onto hau hin or udon thani . at first i needed to get away from my home country for a break i have worked damn hard all year offshore , earned some good money so im going to live my life for me for a few months , is that so wrong ? before i came here i asked my other 19 year old daughter if i was doing the right thing going away from my wife , she is a level headed uni student studying law and she advised me it was the best thing to do for us both . my 5 year old daughter will still be around in 2-3 months when i return home then ill pick up the pieces .

'

In your original post;

''ok maybe she is angry at me for going to pattaya ;;,

You are aware of pattayas rep. right?

Well your ex wife does definitely does.

''ok maybe she is angry at me for going to pattaya ''

You think?

Original post;

''i miss my kid terribly , the pain of being away from her is killing me, im heartbroken and want to go back home to her .''

Then;

'' i have worked damn hard all year offshore , earned some good money so im going to live my life for me for a few months , is that so wrong?''

I don't know you tell us.

orig. post ;

''i walked out 2 weeks ago for good after taking advice from people to move on. maybe i walked away to the wrong place as i am now alone in pattaya and this place is driving me nuts allready .''

1st you're you are condeming the place then defending it

''more pattaya bashers , tut tut. dont be such a pea brained little fool to think all farang go to pattaya to get laid with bar girls !!''

Pttaya for good or bad was a mistake to go to. ESP. to let your wife know...did'nt help the situation.

I feel your pain missing your daughter and all, as I said get back near her , rent a place and try and work things out.

dirtycash you are a needy whiney piece of work.man-up a little, tell the woman what your needs are & what you expect, the child is your child also. take care of her no matter what. as for the "friends" with wife question, ehhhh are you brain damaged? she dont like your bones, she dont like you, no sex means you suck as a partner. let her go & stop the high school crybaby whine :-)

Just out of curiosity how many divorces have you been through or you have never been married to a women ?

• Like 1

What BJ says,

If you control the money, you control everything else.

If she doesn't need your money, different story.

So your OP didn't specify ........ you still paying for everything?

If you are, stop all money now, none for her, none for the kid, no home loan payments, no school fees, cut it all.

After that you can negotiate whatever you want or your terms.

If you keep giving, she will see it as weakness.

PS

Her not having sex with you is reason for divorce, her fault.

Looks to me like you put up with her sh_it for way too long.

I would have jumped ship at the first refusal.

There is no other way to describe this answer, other than "total disgrace" How can any human being (man included...) think this way about other human beings (women included...). May i remind the "Anotheroneamerican" that even in Thailand we do not, repeat not, live in the 18th century.

• Like 2

What, from what the OP has said, gives you the right to judge him as just another deadbeat husband and father?

You know little of his circumstances other than what he has said.

Sometimes, Beetlejuice, you come across as so pompous and high and mighty. I bet you were a Mother Theresa figure in your last life.

Maybe you ought to look in the mirror sometimes, because no one is perfect.

For the record Mother Theresa was a ego and money driven monster. Look it up.
  • Like 1