Double-entry Tourist Visa--2nd entry valid until...?

I'm from USA, 67, long-time Thailand resident on retirement and ED visas.

In March I will apply for a double-entry tourist visa to Thailand, at the consulate in Auckland NZ.

If I get one, I'll use the first entry right away. Plan to stay in Thailand 60 days, then go to USA for an extended time, I hope.

So my question is, how long do I have before I must use the visa's 2nd entry, before I lose it? How long is it valid for?

For a tourist visa you usually have to use it by at most three months from the date it's ISSUED, not from the first entry into Thailand. The "use by" date will be printed on the visa sticker.

You could get 60 days on your entry, plus you could get an extension of 30 days at an immigration in Thailand.

Not sure if they give out two entry tourist visas in New Zealand. Not mentioned on their website.

Tourist Visa

Tourist Visas are issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purpose.

Required Documents

1.Completed Visa Application Form. (Note: 3 copies for Nationals listed under "No. 12 Specified Passport Holders")
2.Passport or travel document valid for at least 6 months from expected date of travel.
3.One recent passport sized photo. (Note: 3 photos for Nationals listed under "No. 12 Specified Passport Holders")
4.Photocopy of bank statement, travellers cheque, or other form of funds (credit cards not accepted) providing evidence of sufficient funds during stay in Thailand (at least NZ$ 2,000).
5.Valid air ticket or confirmed itinerary.

Note: Additional documents or information may be requested, if necessary.

Validity of Visa
Visa must be utilized within 3 months from date of issue.

Period of Stay
Permit of stay will be granted at the Immigration Checkpoint. Tourist visa is normally good for a stay up to 60 days (Note: 30 days for Nationals listed under "No. 12 Specified Passport Holders") The length of stay is subject to the discretion of the Thai Immigration upon entry into the Kingdom.

Extension
Extension of stay is possible. The extension of stay as well as the change in the type of visa is solely at the discretion of the immigration office. Applicants may file an application for extension of stay.

Details can be found in http://www.immigration.go.th

Fee
$50 per entry. Visa fee is accepted in cash or bank cheque (payable to "Royal Thai Embassy")

Note: Tourists are advised to be careful of possible scams or swindles. Tourist police are available at local phone no. 1155 in Thailand. Tourism authority contact no. is (662) 219 4010 or email: [email protected]

Edited by Suradit69

double entries can be either 3 or 6 months depending on the embassy/consulate,

why not just get a single entry in NZ, which will do for your trip, and then another in USA, either a single, double or even a 3 entry, what ever fits in better with your next trip.