Work Permit on NON-0 (visa NOT extension?)

I would like to know if I can get a work permit but continue doing my 90 day border runs on my multi non-o? The reason I would prefer this is because I do not wish to put a very large chunk of my savings into a Thai bank account. Doing yearly multi non o visa's would be more convenient for me.

Thanks for your replies in advance, you guys (ubonjoe and mario2008 in particular) are an absolute godsend!

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai you can get a work permit and work.

If your income from working is 40k baht or more you can use that to get an extension of stay based upon marriage. Just show your work permit and tax payment receipts.

Ubonjoe has more of the nitty gritty on the topic but I came here on a Non-Imm 'O' in 2008. I found a job, got a WP and have used the same visa on extensions since then. I have NEVER had to prove my income to Immigration and I'm single. The 90-day reporting regime is much less of a hassle these days, allowing postal application, but I'm fortunate to be within easy reach of an Immigration Office which is very professional.

• Like 1

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai you can get a work permit and work.

If your income from working is 40k baht or more you can use that to get an extension of stay based upon marriage. Just show your work permit and tax payment receipts.

Also if your multiple entry visa is based on supporting a Thai child. Same as a visa based on marriage. I have a work permit on exactly that basis.

Ok thanks for the info. AjarnMartin did you get the extension based on your work permit? I thought a NON-O visa could only be extended with financial proof showing 40k a month or 400k in a thai bank?

Visas are not extended. You can extend the permit to stay you get from a non immigrant visa for many reasons.

Using a non-o visa for entry does not mean you have to do it based upon marriage and etc.

I suspect that AjarnMartin has been getting extensions of stay based upon teaching since he mentioned he did not need to prove income.

• Like 2