Phuket: Three ladyboys arrested for stealing Aussie tourist's gold chain

webfact

Three ladyboys and a boyfriend arrested for theft, bribery
Darawan Naknakhon

1422003403_1.jpg
Three ladyboys and a boyfriend arrested for theft, bribery

PHUKET: -- Three ladyboys and a boyfriend were arrested in Patong early this morning (January 23) for allegedly stealing an Aussie tourist's gold necklace and then bribing a police officer with B30,000 to drop the charges.

Karon police arrested four Udon Thani natives at 1:30am today (January 23), including Suriyon Suponok, 22; Satjapong Thamahol, 22, Atpachai Sittitham, 21; and Piyapan Wongyai, 24 across the street from the Royal Paradise Hotel in Patong.

Police said the three ladyboy suspects had allegedly snatched a gold chain from a 44-year-old Australian tourist while he was near Karon Beach. The victim told police that the ladyboys allegedly surrounded him and gave him a hug, not realising that they may have taken his gold necklace until after they fled the scene.

After checking CCTV footage in the area, police spotted the ladyboy suspects parked in a getaway car in Patong. When approached by police, the suspects confessed to the theft and said they intended to use the money from the necklace to party and buy make-up.

Police seized several items, including the gold necklace and Honda Jazz vehicle.

During the arrest, the suspects had allegedly attempted to bribe the officer with B30,000. According to police, a boyfriend of one of the suspects brought the cash to the officer but authorities quickly seized the money as evidence and arrested the boyfriend, named Piyapan.

All four suspects were taken to Karon Police Station to face charges of theft with getaway vehicle and bribery.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/three-ladyboys-and-a-boyfriend-arrested-for-theft-bribery-50704.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-01-24

• Like 1

Hey the victim(?) has thumbs up, not pointing at the perpetrators (?). Hard to tell without the pointing photo, someone did not brief the Aussie correctly. We cannot tell who is who in the photo as a result. blink.png

Good on the BIB on the result, including the bribe attempt.

Heck the white boy IS the boy fiend.biggrin.png

Aussies aren't use to parading in front of the media and pointing at suspects. In Australia the courts determine guilt.

They seem to be used to hugging ladyboys though.

In Australia do they have any concern over determining sex? :D

He doesn't appear to be your average aussie sex tourist. His appearance isn't disheveled and he isn't wearing the customary uniform of thongs, footy shorts and the beer singlet. He is not actually Brad Pitt and probably has had limited contact with the opposite sex so any man in a skirt would probably look like an attractive woman to him. He is a newbie to this land and requires an education
Another news site stated he left his aussie wife at the market to shop alone while he went for a look around.

I'm sure this is what he was looking for.

• Like 1

How many incidents reported from around Karon now?

Used to be a family/couples 'safe' area..but sadly not any more apparently!

It's always been a ladyboy hotspot. The sands before dawn are littered with them luring men from the footpath.

It's been going on since I can remember.

Aussies aren't use to parading in front of the media and pointing at suspects. In Australia the courts determine guilt.

In Australia do they have any concern over determining sex? biggrin.png

It's because even the lady boys are 10 times better looking than what Australia has to offer.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yea, Australian ladyboys are nowhere near as hot

• Like 1

Hey the victim(?) has thumbs up, not pointing at the perpetrators (?). Hard to tell without the pointing photo, someone did not brief the Aussie correctly. We cannot tell who is who in the photo as a result. blink.png

Give him a break,he's only a tourist.Not bad looking for blokes,even in daylight.At night he would have thought it was xmas,again.Wearing gold at ANYTIME IS DUMB.

• Like 2

It's because even the lady boys are 10 times better looking than what Australia has to offer.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I have never compared thai men to aussie blokes as it's not really my scene. I find men sexual repulsive and prefer women.
  • Like 2

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but even I worked out the victim was the onlt farang in the photo?

• Like 1

They hugged him,and it was late,and i was drunk and i am a tourist and,and.........

He doesn't appear to be your average aussie sex tourist. His appearance isn't disheveled and he isn't wearing the customary uniform of thongs, footy shorts and the beer singlet. He is not actually Brad Pitt and probably has had limited contact with the opposite sex so any man in a skirt would probably look like an attractive woman to him. He is a newbie to this land and requires an education

Thankyou Chook for your expert profiling of what sex tourist looks like.In Oz,judges,lawyers and dare i say police are found to be perverts,do they wear the above uniform or just a Sainters guernsey.

• Like 2

It's always been a ladyboy hotspot. The sands before dawn are littered with them luring men from the footpath.

Hans,Hans,Hans,tell us more of what you can remember.

Hans,Hans,Hans,tell us more of what you can remember.
Men have been getting robbed down there by ladyboys since the beginning of tourism. The bars between the T junction and the police station is where they all congregate. It makes news every year. Same mob, just different tourists lured by curiosity.

Anything else?

Edited by hansgruber

That is one Aussie that I hope has learnt his lesson. Don't hug bloody ladyboys, unless of course he is your ladyboy giggle.gif . If you don't know what are the tell-tale characteristics of a ladyboy are, find out. Google it. Its a bit more than just tits and make-up.

That could be only a half baht chain. 30,000 baht offered for a bribe, the chain probably not worth that. False economies I would say.